that's all I can title this post. It makes me want to cry like a baby.
Brayden: "are you going to be my son's grandma??"
Me: "Yes!"
Bray: squeezing me really tight..."but I don't want you to be a grandma."
Me: "I promise I'll be the best grandma. And you will get to see me a lot when you bring them to visit."
Brayden: "but I don't want you to be old. Will you be nice like grandma?"
Me: "yes."
Bray: to Jer, "you'll be a nice grandpa too. But I'll miss your funny things." :(
Jer: "I can still be a funny grandpa!"
This brought tears to my eyes. He is starting to think ahead, and I don't even want to think one day ahead. I don't want to think about the day when my kids are all grown up and moved out. I don't want to think about my kids not being kids anymore.
Then we had another conversation on the way home from Grandma's.
Bray: "what will happen when Zach and Cede get a wife and move out? I'll have no one to play with anymore at Grandma's."
Me: "well, they will bring their wife/husband to Grandma's. Then someday they will have kids and you will be the cool big cousin."
Bray: "I hope Cede has a boy. I really want a boy to play with."
I often bring it up to Jer that it will be so weird when Zach and Cede are grown and moved out. I know they are grown, but they are still young and entertain these boys all the time. When Jer and I got married, Zach was 8 and Cede was 10. I have watched them grow up. They feel like my own siblings. Brayden and Kosty have always had playmates. I get so sad everytime I think about life changing and everyone growing up and things being different. I feel like these are the best years of my life, and I just want to push pause!

6 comments:
That was too dang sweet for sure holy cow. You know that song by Billy Dean- LET THEM BE LITTLE?? (I think it's by him). THE BEST SONG EVER. I've been listening to it tons lately. But at the same time...EVERY STAGE OF LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE!!
AWE!!!!! that is such a cute conversation! lolol, that makes me laugh that jer said he will be a funny grandpa. no kidding, i think these are the best years ever from birth to...i dont know, 8? your kids are full of it, i bet you wanna be like evie on that show out of this world, and put your two pointer fingers together and pause time!! do you remember that show? i loved it and always wished for that power! lol.
Amen...I so want to freeze time too, I love my girls ages and the thought of them growing up makes me so sad. We cleaned out our garage this weekend and got rid of all the baby stuff and old clothes that don't fit anymore...so sad and lots of tears around our house this weekend! I am such a baby!
I think I know where Kosty gets his "I hate change" attitude.......:)
that is sweet... Brayden is always thinking about the future... where does he even learn to think about things like this...it just boggles me. I forgot you got your hair done, it looks good and I love the painted faces right before church!! Organizing anytime just let me know!!
So sweet! You are going to be such a fun grandma, though. I know it's scary to think about, but at the same time won't it be fun to spoil our little grandkids like crazy (and let their parents deal with them when they become spoiled brats? :)
Post a Comment