I'm still getting used to how different raising two boys with polar opposite personalities. Kosty loves to be outside, and I realized I had a heap of pictures of him, being him, outside. He can be so hard when he's hard, but so sweet, sensitive, helpful, so obedient, and so hilarious at times. There are many different sides of this boy. He is athletic, and loves anything to do with sports, but yet he fought us to the death on signing up for soccer (or any sport at all). Unfortunately, he gets so nervous about trying new things, but we knew we would just have to force him once and he would fall in love. He played for the "Killer Whales" in soccer this spring, and he could hardly wait for practice and game time. Hooray! Whenever he scored a goal, he DID NOT want praise or cheering. And he always looked down and tried not to crack a smile at all. After the game, he didn't want any attention or praise either. Hopefully someday he will grow out of this thing, cause, wow! it must be hard not to be able to show excitement or emotion!
Other things: Take him to Chick Fila and he will love you forever (or just that night). He loves taking baths, but only in our tub. His favorite movie lately is Napolean Dynomite and he can quote every single line. I took this picture of him after dinner one night laughing hysterically as we all quoted the movie. He loves our bed, and makes himself look so sweet and cozy looking that its HARD not to let him nuzzle on in. Here he was being sweet, taking a pause in shootin hoops, and helping me cut out a stack of hands for primary. And last, another day of playing hookie. He has admitted on several occasions that he prefers being sick so that he can lay around and watch cartoons all day. This was right at the end of the school year and it seemed like classic schoolitis, but he told me his stomach hurt and the only thing that didn't make it worse was sucking on suckers.




2 comments:
That boy definately deserves a post all of his own! I love his complex personality, always full of suprises, you never know what you're going to get. He looks more and more like you as he gets older too. What a sweetheart.
I loved getting caught up on your blog. I'm glad to see you are still blogging, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that still blogs :).
Post a Comment