Sunday, October 21, 2012

kosty turns 7.






















^ love that my sister randomly caught this little smirk from Kosty one day when we were out. I think it sums him up quite nicely. He's tough on the outside, but soft on the inside, and he's tough to crack but once you do, to know him is to love him. 

October 5th at 7 am Kosty barged in our room with this sign taped to his chest, "Happy Birthday to ME!" It was an awesome start to the day. This boy has had a birthday countdown chart in his room since July. We couldn't wait to celebrate him. He opened up his gifts from us and then picked homemade biscuits for his birthday breakfast..."with a candle, please." And since we were on fall break, we got to take our time and he played with his gifts before we went to pick up a friend of his and meet Grammi at the movies. We saw Hotel Transylvannia and then went to Bosa donuts to pick up his birthday cake. He is not a cake boy (hates frosting), he wanted donuts and oreo cake pops instead. For his special birthday dinner he requested homemade chicken noodle soup with made from scratch egg noodles. I love giving into they're every (nice) request on their special day, I sure hope I'm not training them to be birthday brats, but they are so sweet and grateful on their birthdays, it's just a yes kind of day. We had our families come over and had dessert with us and he opened more gifts. Aunt Brittney took the kids on a ranger ride and he had a great time playing with his cousins and gifts. I won't say the classic line moms always say on birthdays, I really won't... but lets just leave it at, our youngest is 7!? 

Kosty has changed SO very much in the past year. I love the little person he is becoming. He is outgrowing (most) of his "difficult quirks", and he is just cute and hilarious, and cracks us all up with his tough guy personality. He shrugs his shoulders a lot, gives short responses that leave you wanting more, and overall he's just the type that makes you want and work for his attention. He also has a super sweet and sentimental side to him that I can't quite describe but only few get to see. You can tell his little brain is always thinking deep. He surprises us with how much he understands and how well he can conversate with his big brother and with us. His teacher gave him a perfect report card this quarter and he tries so hard in school and he loves it there. He is still shy when it comes to some things and some people, church for one, he wouldn't give a talk when he was asked. But at school, home, and with friends, I've noticed him totally blossom and be comfortable being himself. Such a cool thing to watch. I so love being his Mom! 

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Seriously. Kosty. What more can I say. I love how his little unpredictable brain works. The sign, biscuits for breakfast and perhaps the best birthday cake ever. Love that kid, I need to see more of him, play date this week??