Jer wasn't home from work yet and the kids and I were having FHE about spirits vs. bodies. I was explaining that our spirits know and want to do what's right but sometimes our bodies try to argue with them. Just then, a knock on our door and it was a member of the Bishopric asking us to speak on Sunday. I stood there and tried to gently remind him that surely he was mistaken, since I had just spoke in sacrament two months ago (after girls' camp). That's when Brayden shouted from the couch, "Mommy! Your spirit is saying YES and your body is saying NO! Say yes!" Of course we wouldn't have really said no...there is no better feeling on this Earth, I'm convinced, (ok besides giving birth) than being done with a speaking assignment. It almost makes it worth it.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Jer wasn't home from work yet and the kids and I were having FHE about spirits vs. bodies. I was explaining that our spirits know and want to do what's right but sometimes our bodies try to argue with them. Just then, a knock on our door and it was a member of the Bishopric asking us to speak on Sunday. I stood there and tried to gently remind him that surely he was mistaken, since I had just spoke in sacrament two months ago (after girls' camp). That's when Brayden shouted from the couch, "Mommy! Your spirit is saying YES and your body is saying NO! Say yes!" Of course we wouldn't have really said no...there is no better feeling on this Earth, I'm convinced, (ok besides giving birth) than being done with a speaking assignment. It almost makes it worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Such a good looking couple! I can't wait to feel that AFTER feeling this Sunday...uggggg.
So pretty!
Post a Comment