Thursday, August 9, 2012

california. day 4.

























For some reason putting pictures in order on the new blogger is super tricky and so I just don't. We decided to try Crystal Cove Beach after hearing lots of good things. It was so nice (even though we had to pay for it) to be able just to drive up and park in a big empty parking lot. We lugged all our stuff down the mountain and when we got to the bottom, the lifeguard stopped us and strongly encouraged us to go back up the mountain, drive 3 miles down, park again, and hike down again. She said it was much better for surfing and boogie boarding and so since those were two of our main objectives we made the trek. I'm glad we did beacuse we had the whole beach to ourselves, and it was awesome. Kosty had a great time burying me alive (with a little help from Brayden), Jer got to surf, and we tried to get some pictures of our last official beach day. We hit Balboa island later that night after dinner and had to do the traditional loading up at the candy shop. 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Such a pretty beach!! Crescent bay is nice too, but no surf for the hubbys to surf!! I hope you got a shake at rubys shake shack right there!

foreveryoung said...

After talking to you I remember why Crystal Cove isn't good for boogie boarding, I remember getting thrashed by all the jagged rocks hidden in the water. Good call, nothing quite like a beautiful beach day!