I still havent done my summer posts, but I wanted to get in the first day of school. Brayden is in 2nd grade at Charlotte Patterson and LOVING his teacher this year, sooooo happy about that. He was so independent as usual and told me just to swing him through the carpool line "like usual". I told him this was the special day that all the other parents walk their child into their classrooms. He said he didn't need to be walked in. I was THE ONLY person that dropped off their child that morning. The carpool line was completely empty.


Kosty started a couple weeks after Brayden. He is enrolled at American Leadership Academy this year (charter school) since he misses the cut off. I needed a better transition than 2x a week preschool for him to get used to the M-F part, but it's just a half day. 2 hours and 50 minutes to be exact. I am calling this our "Kinder-steps" since the school district no longer offers it. He will go to full day Kinder next year at Brayden's school.
He was really nervous about his first day and the morning of, he started sobbing. I totally pictured a rough day ahead, with me dragging him in and him crying at school. Not so. After he got his uniform on, he ate lunch and then grabbed his backpack, cool as can be, and headed for the door.


I was in the middle of his picture when cute Madison came to the door to pick us up. I LOVE this picture. It helped to have a familiar face on his first day.
He wouldn't speak a word when we got to his class. You could see the worry in his eyes, but he still gave me a sweet smile for every picture. Love him.
He had a GREAT first day, and I couldn't ask for a better teacher for his first year. Mrs. Pennington is the perfect fit.


3 comments:
My friend had her kid at ALA for 1 yr.. And now they are at Ben Franklin... To many options, I think.. But great thinking to get him in there for "kindersteps". It's Crazy having all your kiddos in school huh?
Independence is not a bad thing, embrace it I say. Kosty is just as cute in his uniform as I had imagined, perhaps even cuter. You got the patches?? You should have told me, let me do a little stitch-a-roo tomorrow.
:''''''''''( <-----(tears)
my babes are growing up too fast!
Post a Comment