Monday, August 2, 2010



At least once or twice a week, the morning gets away from me and I forget, or simply don't take the time-- to make my bed.

Coincidentally, those are also the mornings I don't say my morning prayers. Making my bed = my prayer reminder. When I do not do one, I do not do the other. They go hand in hand.

Its no surprise that the unmade bed days are my bad days. Days where I can't seem to keep my head on straight and prioritize. Days where life seems cluttered, rushed, messy, frustrating. Every time I walk past my unmade bed, I am reminded & disappointed in myself, knowing that missed my opportunity and I started the day off on the wrong foot.

My friend's grandma had a little quote hanging in her kitchen that read, "A day hemmed in prayer rarely unravels."

It has stuck with me all these years-- and I believe it to be true.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

LIKE.
oh, wait.....its not FB. I do like this post. Its so true. I cannot make my bed EVER because its usually being slept in by scoot, but I wish he worked days so I could get up, get the bed made,and have a successfully, productive day. and a prayer....well, i get that in at the end of the day with Lib. should start the day with it tho.

Kelly said...

Great Quote! I need that one on my wall in my bedroom to remind me to pray every morning. This post is great Chelsea.. And so TRUE!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

We are at Weinberg Chelsea..I Love it!! Were are your boys at?

foreveryoung said...

hmmm, I'm not so good about the morning prayer, but I should be! Great quote, it may just make its way to my chalk board.