Thursday, August 20, 2009

Girls weekend

Me and 13 other super fun girls got to spend the weekend at my friend, Alisa's cabin in Greer a few weeks ago. I got soooo carsick on the way up that I was tempted to have them leave me on the side of the road and hitchhike home. I'm so glad I didn't! We stopped for dinner on the way up at a overpriced, and untimely Steakhouse....


Poor Lori and Lisa...these 'butterfly' style chicken breasts cost them $20 and add$4 for the scoop of bbq sauce on Lisa's!
No wonder it took us 2 hours to get our food! And of course it was.... separate checks!

Angie, Cari, and Kristen

Marcee & me
Flagpole ceremony...jk not really...

There was nonstop eating, laughing, and talking the whole weekend. When we got to the cabin everyone had a nice stomachache, but that didn't stop us. We stayed up way too late and then in the morning we went for a hike. Then we came back and got ready and went to lunch at this cute little diner that had the best blackberry cobbler, and a very entertaining waiter who was none too pleased when we asked for (again!) the dreaded "separate checks"....Here he is, curled mustache in full effect:

Alisa (our host), Melissa (rarrr!) and Cari

Julie, Angie, and MarceeDon't mind us...
Me and Jamie--going to bed, in the full size bed...it could really pass for a twin size here!

Somebody was tired!
The porch was my favorite part of the cabin, it was huge and wrapped all the way around. It had custom rocking chairs for each person (and their spouse) in the family. It had their names etched on the backs. Super cute.

My backseat car buddies- Jamie & Melissa

Then it was back to the cabin for more talking, more food, and more laughing. We all stayed up way too late once again and I really felt sorry for those that had to drive 3.5 hours home! We made a stop at church and then packed up and then got on the road. It was my first official weekend ever away from my family and I am happy to report that I didn't get homesick like I thought I would! Thanks girls for an awesome weekend! And thank you to Julie and Amy for the pictures-- I only took three on my camera!

8 comments:

Jenna Lee said...

Looks like you had such a fun time...and I am proud of you for leaving the kids and hubby home for the weekend,I thought this day would never come but every mom needs a little brake..too bad neither one of us scored family with cabins!!

Brittney said...

how fun chel! i forgot you even went on that excursion! what a fun group of gals, that over priced food picture cracked me up, and dont let them fool you, seperate checks arent as bad as you think...they should already assume you gals would ask! good for you for getting in some girl time.

Suni said...

How fun to getaway for some girl time! I love Greer!

Lynsi said...

What a fun getaway! It's always so hard to leave the kids, but so nice once you actually do. ( for a couple days anyway...)Glad you had so much fun!

marcee said...

See, Chels! I loved your rendition of the trip. And you had a way better picture of the waiter's 'stache! I love how our three posts are all so different. We'll see what the other girls come up with...
PS- Were you too embarassed to tell what we did in the suburban??? :)

Julie and Matt said...

What a fun weekend we had! I'm so glad I was there with you for your first official weekend away from your family! I may get around to posting this in a couple months! Love ya, Chelsea!

Jaime S. said...

that looks like an awesome time. i want to go next time.

foreveryoung said...

Don't tell me that you're too ashamed to recount totally cool chinese fire drill! and P.S. there is totally Oreos in my teeth!