I'm trying to get better at recording journal style day to day stuff...sorry if it bores you!
Today I picked Kosty up from preschool and I tried to talk to him and ask him about his day. He took one look at me, turned his face, then just walked on, in silence. Then we were our way to the grocery store, he was still silent, so I turned around and asked him why he was mad at me for no reason. Then he yelled and kicked my seat. OK. When we got there, and we were roaming the aisles, he started swatting at me and finally I started swatting back, just to turn around and see my neighbor right before she witnessed us punching each other out. About an hour later, I casually asked him why he had been mad at me earlier. His response, "BECAUSE I DON'T WIKE YO HAIW WIKE THAT!!!!" I had my hair in a ponytail and I was still in my gym clothes. Apparently my hair choice had set the tone for the day. Seriously, what kind of kid does this?? Its crazy. No, he is crazy.
When Brayden got home from school, he did his homework and we worked on his challenge list, I've been pushing him to get his challenge spelling words right every week-- he is a great speller! The mood sure lightens when Bubba gets home! Even though I'm almost certain he hates me, Kosty certainly does love his brother. Then they played play dough together & roller bladed in the backyard together, while I was having my "quiet time" in my room. I opened my blinds and enjoyed that moment of watching them laugh & play. {I chose to ignore the weeds and the half finished backyard}.
Then when I was making dinner, I asked Kosty to please clean up the play dough mess. He of course, said NO. Then he asked me, "does cleaning make the Earf healfy?" YES, I said. To which he said, "FINE. Then I hate healfy EARFS!"
Next was haircut time and he asked me a few times to cut it like Bubbas. He also told me that if I didn't do it, he was gonna run away...and he was going to the outside mall all by himself! When it was Bubba's turn, he saw the buzzer, and quickly scampered off and declared he liked his hair the way it was.
Then Jer got home and I tried to do a quick FHE lesson on prayer. Kosty is always VERY disobedient at this time, and its really frustrating. He just yells, runs off, jumps on the couch, interrupts, anything other that sitting and listening to a 2 minute lesson that I ask him very nicely to do. The more I try, the more he disobeys. BTW, the lesson was on prayer and how to "reverently" pray, since its a problem with him. Of course he hops on Jer's back and interrupts the prayer. Then Jer took Brayden on his back to the bathroom for teeth brushing and Kosty got really jealous and kept saying he didn't want Bubba to ride on Daddy's back. So after he set Brayden down, Jer felt a whack in his back, something really hard. He turned around to see a baseball & little half-pint Kosty glaring at him like he's ten feet tall, and he says, "THAT'S FO GIVING BUBBA A RIDE ON YO BACK!"
He also has a new favorite phrase, "OH YEAH?!!" In a tough guy threatening voice. He also loves to threaten. For example, if I say you can't have any more fruit rollups today--he will say, "If I can't have any more, then........I HATE HARRY POTTER!!!!!" Or sometimes if we don't comply, he will take one of his favorite toys or his blankie and throw it in the trash. Its so hard not to laugh because he always threatens us with something that he loves.
Seriously. This kid is such a challenge and this is new for us. We feel like waving a white flag and surrendering!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
oh man alive i am laughing so hard! he is so funny! mylie is just getting her spunky little personality - and MAN alive she is feisty too! wow - cant wait to get past the "3" stage! :)
that is the funniest thing chel, i am cracking up. what a little monster! this was by far the funniest post. you have your hands full with him. omg, too funny.... lol, i hate harry potta....lol, i hate healthy earfs!!!! LOLOL.
How awesome is it that he threatens you with the stuff HE loves? That's my favorite part. So hilarious. At least he's so cute... otherwise he'd probably be in some danger. :) The girls weekend looks like it was a blast! I'm jealous.
he is so funny! it cracks me up that he obsesses over your hair and clothes... his wife is gonna be in for it.
I love how you type exactly how he talks.
Aren't challenging children great? They keep us on our toes and teach us a lot about forgiveness and unconditional love!
HAHAHAHA!!! I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE IT! why do i ALWAYS find kosty's strange and beastly behavior so endearing??
(stratching head...).
oh and kosty would NEVER want to see/talk to me again considering the fact that i ALWAAAYYYSS wear my hair in a pony 24-7.
hahahahahha, this post seriously made me laugh out loud while reading it at work.. (keep in mind its pretty quiet in here today) Kosty is hilarious.. I can't beleive he got mad at you beacuse he doesnt like how you did your hair... ha hes worst than your husband, you better always look your best if Kosty is near! ha
Im suprised he also threw a baseball at Jers back.. he usually LOVES jer I thought.. ha
Well, at least he TALKS to you! jk. haha
Good post, thanks for the good laugh Kosty! :)
He is so funny!!
This was soooo funny, I love how opinionated he is about your hair, I was seriously laughing so hard!
Oh and the FHE scenario, that's usually how it goes at our house too!
Boring?? Never! I could listen to Kosty stories all day long. That kid is definately one of a kind and how boring would your life be without him??
That is HILARIOUS! I'm sorry, I'm sure those things make you frusterated, but you are gonna laugh like crazy in a few years. I love it!
Chelsea, you really have a way with words. I can totally hear all of Kosty's crazy comments and see his face when he's saying them! I feel so the same about Lilee. You just may see a post about her soon. Tell me you see some of that from her in Primary!
Post a Comment