Monday, September 29, 2008
one of those days...
Had to make the trek to Walmart today, which is never FUN, lets face it. I hate Walmart for their not so fresh produce, their not so great meat, their not so great store brand, their not so great employees, and their not so great selection. It seems they are almost always out of a KEY ingredient that I NEED for my dinner plans. But as much as I hate Walmart, I am forced back every single week. They do have the best prices, and since I am an ad-matcher for life, it saves me from going to 3 different stores. I am so used to going grocery shopping with only Kosty while Brayden was in school. I felt like I was losing my mind at some points, like I was in a foggy haze...between trying to focus what was on my list and the constant, "can we get..." and repeating NO a gazillion times.
I also had to run in the bank, where Kosty pulled on a table cloth, knocking over an entire display of {hundreds} of brochures. It took me a while to get that all cleaned up. Then I took him to get a much needed haircut. There was no one in sight when I walked in, (my first clue) so I slowly started walking back towards the stations, hoping someone would hear my footsteps and come pretend to friggin work! Finally out pops an older lady who did not look happy at all to see me. I told her I need to get "his" haircut as I pointed at my shaggy little boy. She looked at him and looked back at me and said, "HE?!" with a scowl on her face. Hello, rude! "YES he is a HE", I said.
She just started walking, so I thought maybe we were supposed to follow, she was just too annoyed to give us any courtesy, then he started to get nervous and started crying. He has had a haircuts before and done FINE. But she turned immediately and said, " I will not cut him if he's upset. No way." I said well he has gotten haircuts before and done great. {Obviously he was a good judge of character} I said," I think once you get started he will be okay." She said, "nope, I won't do it if he's upset." I mean seriously, first you are no where to be found lady, how unprofessional can you be, then you are grumpy, rude, insult my kid, then you refuse to cut his hair because he is whimpering. I wanted to punch her out for a split second, and then just said, "Well thanks for not helping." She said, "your welcome", and went straight to the back and sat down next to a stack of magazines. GRRRR. Some people just do not even deserve to have a job.
Well later after dinner, Kosty refused to have FHE with us, and went into the bathroom, drew his own bath, took off his own clothes, and got in. He is such a rebel. Brayden refused to conduct, didn't want to sing any songs, and didn't want to say a prayer.
Brayden was really grumpy and I could tell he was exhausted, Kosty had missed his nap, so I was trying to round him up to take to bed, but of course he ran off, ran into my room, jumped on my bed and smacked his face on the headboard. OUCH. He was hysterical, Jer picked him up and tried to soothe him, while I picked up grumpy Brayden and started carrying him off to bed, he decided to make it really difficult to hold him and started kicking his feet really fast, so I dropped him to the floor, maybe 1 foot down, and his head flung back and smacked into the corner of the wall {thank goodness for rounded corners} so at this point both boys are hysterical and beyond exhausted, simultaneously scream/crying....it took forever to get them both calmed down.
And this is when I say my infamous line to my sweet husband, "You really want to add another one to this mess?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
You have GOT to be kidding me!?!? Seriously? I can not believe that someone could be that rude on the job . . . if that's what you call it. Oh, Chelsea, I will cut his hair for him. He can come over and we will make it a happy and fun experience . . . I'm serious! E-mail me if you decide you want some help.
Oh, and "those days" are the pits, aren't they? I will pray for your sweet family tonight. Take care and get some rest.
ha ha I know I am suppose to say something sweet like hang in there.. but I was laughing the entire time I read that post, I know I am rude but it made me laugh.. well except for the kids hitting their heads but I still kinda laughed at that and you and jer trying to calm down the madness and you asking him if he wants another.... I don't think one more will be that much worse you got it down...but I do ask myself sometimes, why am I going to have another so soon??
SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds like a HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY! First of all, I want you to call and COMPLAIN about that RUDE OLD LADY!!! THE NERVE!! That makes me so mad! Get her in trouble, and make her realize she needs to work on her CUSTOMER SERVICE! but hey, its your fault for taking him to a ghetto salon inside walmart, even if it is for a trim!
sometimes libby does things like pulls all the things off the shelf, and by the time i can pick up that mess, she is on to something new, thats why i really hate bringing her to the store with me, but hey, no choice, but mostly i have to hold her the whole time cuz she hates sitting in the cart, so my arm is usually broken by the end of the trip!anyway, i have been pondering the number of kids, and i am pretty sure, girl or boy, i think i am callin it quits after this one. i just cant imagine more, no wonder mom yelled at us all the time, and always made us stay home when she went to the store, i cant blame her for not wanting to bring all 4 of us to the store! sorry for your rough day, take a bath, read a book, eat some chocolate, its only monday.
thanks Monika, very sweet of you to offer.
seriously Jenna....at least I have tried to warn you and now I can say I told you so! ;)
Britt, I am cracking up, I forgot to mention that we seriously topped the night off with that exact book!!! ALexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. I think we were all feelin that one tonite. So funny you made a reference to it. Jeremy called and talked to her manager. I would have but he offered and sometimes he is deals with those situations much better than I, especially when I was about to fly off the handle! And THANK YOU for poking fun of me for taking him to the most ghetto place ever, but really it was already a bad day, I figured why not one stop shop this nightmare?!
That lady should be fired! Yes, we all have those days...I am amazed those days when I have all 3 kids crying and grumpy...good thing the good days out weigh the bad or we would never have any more kids.
What a terribly rude lady, I would complain also. But your bad day...I'm sorry, I was laughing through most of it because you explained what most of my days are like. And, you always say how sweet your boys are. And was this just the first day of Fall Break?? =)
Oh yes, the infamous love/hate Wal-mart relationship. If I ever win the lottery (okay, I guess first I have to actually play), then the first thing I'm doing is boycotting Wal-mart. At that point I won't care that I'm paying triple the amount for the same stuff because I won't have to deal with all the crap there! Sorry about your not so lovely day, hopefully today was a better one and that you had a much more pleasant experience getting his hair cut!
Whoa...I bet you're glad that one's behind you :)
Wow-sounds like you had a very crazy day and night...
My mom loves walmart..dont let her see this post she would probably disagree with everything you said.. haha
I cant believe that lady was so mean.. i would of walked out right than... and i probably wouldnt of trusted her cutting Kostys hair anyways...i swear.. people take there bad days out on others.. i get it ALL the time at the bank!!!
oh man alive! sound like a tough one! glad to hear i am not the only one with these days though. :)
but i still think you need a sassy little drama queen in your house. :)
Oh man, don't you just love those days! Glad I'm not the only one! If it makes you feel any better I have a really cranky old woman that lives a couple houses down that more or less tried to run over my kids, husband, and the icecream truck while backing out of her driveway last night! What's up with all the cranky old women?
Those days are the worst!! To me going to Wal Mart is always the start of a bad day! I can't believe that lady....some people! Thank goodness she didn't touch Kosty's hair who knows what she would have done! I agree you still need a little girl who will add lots of sas and DRAMA!!
I would absolutely call in and complain about that woman. That's totally unacceptable! She should not be there...then again, it IS Walmart we're talking about huh? :) Sorry about your tough day, those are so not fun! I've had one too many! Yep, and whenever I do Trent says the very same thing Jeremy said! (I say it to him though too) Better luck next week...or better luck the week school resumes.
hahaahha...oh what a great day Chelsea- good times good times and you know it. Seriously you are going to love this break span between kosty and whenever #3 is ready to come.
That story below is so sweet and senitmental...i'm so glad you shared it. HOPE ALL IS WELL CUTE GIRL!!
WOW! That sounds like a Horrible day...I am so sorry. UGGGGHHHHH! I can't believe how rude that lady was....crazy! Hope your day is better today, at least it is Friday ;)
So true about walmart!!! They stopped selling our chicken!! :( It was probably a blessing in disguise that the old beast at walmart was rude, she probably would have cut all Kosty's cute hair off!! And, taking kids to the store...don't even get me started!!
Well first, I just listened to President Monson's talk "Finding Joy In The Journey NOW!" Don't look back, you can't change it, Don't look ahead, you don't know what memories there will be. Find it now. It was just one of those days with your kids. I actually miss some of those days. How grateful I am for Braxton and the joy I'm finding NOW with him. Life defiinately comes around full circle.
Second, you gotta know how to manuever Walmart. Go to the newest, cleanest one. They actually have great stuff. Always check out with a younger employee, they are much nicer and with it.
They don't act like they own all the stock in the place. Never let anyone over 40 touch your kids hair. You should of walked out the minute you saw her. She probably did'nt even know HOW to cut his hair. She's only used to doing old ladies hair.
You're a great mom and I know your finding JOY in the moment.
Thanx for you hard work at the weddings.
Love ya,Sandy
Post a Comment