Saturday, September 6, 2008

my buddy and me.

way too cool for the camera

3 weeks before Brayden's 3rd birthday, Kosty was born. Brayden and I had 3 wonderful memorable years alone together. Our days were filled with park trips, the train at Freestone Park, walking to the mail box, Friday Barnes and Noble & ice cream, taking naps together, and walking out to our neighborhood entrance every evening to watch for Daddy. Those 3 years were incredibly special, and I will treasure them always. When Kosty was born, I had a really hard time emotionally because I was so used to Mama and Brayden time for the past 3 years. It was all he or I had known. I suddenly felt like everything would change as far as our time together. Things were different, but the arrival of a sweet baby eased my sadness. Sure life changed, we were now confined to home during nap time and feeding time... but I did get 3 whole precious years with my firstborn, and I loved him to pieces every single one of those days. I often felt guilty that I would never have that precious time with Kosty.

Well, our time has come! Now that Brayden is in school full day, Kosty and I are able to have our own special one-on-one time together, and I love it so much. He fills my day with laughter and frustration, but he is my little buddy and I enjoy the heck out of him! Every morning, he gets out of his crib, comes in my room, pulls the covers off of me, and tries to pull my feet to the floor. He says, "Come on Mama, its break-tist time." Followed by, "Put yo reindeews on." (those are my pajama pants with reindeer on them that he insists that I wear at all times.) After I take Brayden to school, I get his breakfast and we watch Sesame Street together. Then he asks his famous daily question, "Sood we do somefing fun too-day?" "Sooood we??"(after the daily power struggle/raging tantrum of what to wear, he only likes red shirts. Very fun.)

I got a coupon in the mail for $5 off a Build-A-Bear. Some of you might remember that Brayden did not get his first B.A.B until he was five. But...the coupon was burning a whole in my wallet, and I am a sucker for a good deal. Plus I was running out of fun ideas to entertain Kosty with. I knew he was too little to really appreciate one, so I was pretty happy when out of all the animals to choose from, he chose the $10 basic bear. We walked out of Build A Bear, paying a record-breaking $5.36! Maybe he has my frugal gene. ;)





















decisions, decisions....

getting a good scrub down, Kosty's favorite part



awww, a hug to the left & a hug to the right, worth every penny of my $5.36!)


















(he insisted on lugging the huge box HIMSELF, all the way to the car.)


5 comments:

Brittney said...

awe!!!!
what a fun story to share.
i sometimes feel bad because i didnt allot myself that much time with libby before this next one, but i guess this next 8 months i really have to make every day as wonderful as possible. sniff sniff. makes me so sad at the thought of sharing me with two... i know i have enough love to go around, its just sad because i feel that way with lib, she is my little buddy! i need to do the train, and more things like that with her! thanks for the inspirational post. makes me teary! thats a wonderful coupon by the way, did you sign up for it? i cant wait to take libby to do b.a.b. one day when she will get it.
i love when he says, sood we do somefing fun today.... lol! soooood!!! so dang cute! youre a great momma chely.

foreveryoung said...

Awww, have I told you that I love the way you write about your boys? Everytime I read your posts it makes me want to be a better mom and appreciate my kids more, seriously. I agree, that one on one time is priceless and I'm finding myself starting to already feel sad that come next month I won't have that un-interrupted time with Jayden anymore. I guess all we can do is make the most of the time we have, right?

Jenna Lee said...

Kosty is so cute, I love that he makes you wear those pjs, and that he loves to wear Brayden's costume. And its good to know you shouldn't have to buy anything for Kostys costume this year since he has everything you could think of for HARRY POTTER

Anonymous said...

That is so much fun. I fear that I will never get that time with Eli like I did with kale. That's what I get for not spacing them accordingly... But, I love that you get to do that with Kosty. And I am amazed! that is a smokin' price for Build a Bear. I have been dying to do that with Kale but for some reason I thought I would come out $50.00 poorer. :) I'll have to go in and check it out.

harmon family said...

I am so glad to know that you are a mom that enjoys her kids SOOOO much. I love time with my kids...most of the time. I just know that someday I will look back and wish more than anything that I would have taken advantage of their youth and enjoyed it more. So I am trying. It means more messes in the house and the laundy isn't always done right away. But that stuff can wait, right?