I haven't done just an update post in a while. Brayden has finally started to get better with school. I think the low point was when he came home "sick" one day with an unbearable earache, that he later told me wasn't true. He balled hysterically for that entire day, it was heart wrenching. I started asking if I needed to switch schools, teachers, anything to make him happy. He told me "No, I like my teacher, I just want to got to a school that's not long." After telling him all the schools are that long, he begged to go back to Kindersteps or preschool, and told me that he felt like he lived at school. Then with tears pouring down his little cheeks, he finally said, "Mama, school is so long, I forget what you look like."
He stopped eating, and I was literally dragging him into class every morning. It was so terrible. Then his teacher gave him a "new special job.". Thursday and Friday were his first days he went without crying. Progress. Ms. Wahla assigned him to be the "bell work" teacher...which means he teaches the class what they are supposed to do first thing after the bell. Then he gets to stamp their papers. He felt important, and was really excited about his new job, so that helped a lot. I want to be a fly on the wall so badly to watch him do his "bell work teaching." Adorable.
Saturday morning when I came home from the gym, this is what remained of my beautiful second loaf. (Jamie, close your eyes!) A loaf that was still wrapped and untouched when I had last seen it. Sigh. Sometimes I do not know why I still love that little MONSTER! Seriously.
Friday night, I had a girls night out with some friends and we saw "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," it was really cute. Then Sunday we had Stake Conference, and that evening we went over to the Figgins for dinner, and then went over to their neighbor/friends house to see their brand new wiener dog puppies. Kosty was holding one on his lap, and all of a sudden he started singing, "Rock a bye baby," as he sat there petting the little pup. I melted. Then we were getting ready to leave, and he wanted to hold the other puppy. This time he sang, "You are my sunshine." I think my heart skipped a beat, and my eyes filled with tears, it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen him do.
So I guess I do know why I still love this little boy of mine.

14 comments:
well, i am so glad brayden has a special job, it sets him apart from the rest, and its good he isnt so upset about it. that is a tough transition from half day to full days! i cant imagine, i would prbly be so sad too.
the bread looks delish! she makes how many loafs every sunday? jeez, thats some fancy church, are you the only ward who has homemade bread? glad you got a girls night out, lets plan for friday lunch then pedicures, scott is gonna watch the baby girl so i can go!
and i bet those puppies were so cute, i almost thought you might write that you guys wanted one... lol, i knew better though. how sweet for him to sing though~
Oh yeah, that's so great that he has the special bell job. I'm so glad he's finally enjoying it. Oh my gosh, your bread! Ha! Wow!
Oh, and the Yoga class. Finally somebody is teaching stuff I like! I did miss out! A guy (yes, a guy) at my old gym, Mountainside, was my favorite instructor and he's tough to beat, he was amazing. So I've been trying not to compare other teachers to him!
Oh I am glad Brayden is liking school better, that is a big adjustment! Abby thinks its long too but she loves taking her lunch! Mmmm homemade bread is the best....I want the recipe it looks so good! Kosty is too cute, sometimes I feel the same way about Grace...I just don't understand why she is in constant mess mode....but oh she is such a lovebug! What are you doing with one kiddo at home, do the days seem long or is it just me?
How did you know that picture would make me cringe?? It's not just the mess, but all that donut bread gone to waste....I'm so glad Brayden has been tear free for the last couple of days, his teacher is back on my good list now. And it looks like Kosty is ready for a baby, um, I mean a dog :) Okay, and those cookies you made tonight were melt in your mouth perfect. The kids were in bed and Jason is out of town (poor Jeremy had to see me in my pj's with my belly hanging out b/c none of my shirts fit. Sorry if I scared him), so I ended up eating 3 of them myself before I had to force myself to save some for the kids. Thanks!! And since this comment isn't long enough yet, I'll keep going...your comment about life link totally cracked me up, it is very tempting, especially when they have the Easter carnival to sweeten the pot. And yes, my list of worries keeps growing. When I'm 30 years old with a head full of gray hair then I want my kids to know why!
Come on, Chels, you know me and my cleaning OCD well enough by now! It was definately a toss up between the mess and the wasted bread, but they both did me in.
GNO was fun, I just wish we would have had more time for shopping, oh well it was probably better that way but at least we got to go to Walmart!! And the bread... so fun maybe you can teach me how to make it sometime, Kevin would die if he thought I actually made bread, and I love Jers face while he is eating it!!
K- Brayden has to be the sweetest little boy EVER! Second, I am jealous of your beautiful bread and am dying over that picture of it made into crumbs!
Third, your little Kosty sounds like a gem; singing to the dogs! SO cute!
Fourth- yes I have ATTEMPTED the "crow" and it is impossible! But, sure can make you laugh trying to do it!
So sweet that he hadnt even been gone a full day but forgot what you look like - he's a mammas boy. That the only kind I'll let my girls marry. That bread IS amazing - dont you feel cool that you can make some of the best bread in the world? I wish I could have gone that night, hopefully I can make the recipe without the lesson.
Hi Chel, the bread does look scrumptious! Is it really hard to make? If so, I guess I don't want the recipe! So cute that Brayden has a special job, makes him feel a part of things. Hope he feels better about school now. I loved Koston singing to the puppies, I got a tear in the eye too! I'd love to have heard that. Thanks for tending Libber so that B and I could enjoy the birthday lunch. Really thankful for you Chel. I really like the name tag necklaces. Can boys wear them? I'm asking because Chase would probably like one. Love, Mom :)
ps...went to Yoga this morning and we had the same Crow pose instructor! She was excellent. We did some other balancing poses as well and a lot of power stuff. That was the first time I'd taken from her.
I LOVE LOVE that pic of you kissing Kosty! Sooooo sweet :)
I am so happy to hear that he is liking school now, it is so hard for us moms to see our kids suffer. I didn't get to go to the bread class but I got the recipe and made some. Yummy. yours was prettier though. I guess I need to try again.
MmmmMM! What is it about "white bread" and our children? Golly Sakes! Bryton thinks he is heaven when the sacrament comes around. (And we don't even get the homemade kind!) He just looks up at me and grins REALLY big! Anyhow, I have seriously turned into a terrible blogger. I don't know what my deal is. (I did have a few hang ups but now I have no more excuses!) I think that I updated myself fairly well tonight! Love the posts! YOu truly have such a lovely family.
Okay, I'm gonna cry hearing that he's worried he won't remember what you look like! You must be one good mama and those are some sweet littel boys! My girls cry when I pick them up from a friends or the gym!
Post a Comment