Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bring on 2008...

I'm excited about starting a new year. Something about it just makes me feel fresh. Starting new. My mom sent me an email and said, "2008 will be great. It has to because it rhymes!" So I'm goin' with it. Thanks Ma! We have had some challenges this year with Jer switching jobs & starting his own brokerage, but he works so hard for us & I know he will just keep pushing along. All I can say is that we have 2 very healthy, happy and beautiful boys that we really just love to pieces & they bring us so much happiness. We have the gospel in our lives & love in our home & a solid marriage. That's what really matters. I am so blessed. I love my kids & my husband. And I love the gospel. It fulfills my life and encourages me to be better every day. What could be better than that. I hope I can stick to the small resolutions I made this year! Here's to 2008!

We rung in the New Year with friends (thx Brittany & Jason) and the kids were good until midnight! They have never been up that late before! Eeeeek. "Just this once" I told myself. We had a Martenellis toast at midnight & I got a kiss from my man. Woohoo!


New years day we celebrated my niece, Libby's birthday! She was the first baby born on the New Year at the new hospital last year, so she has a special birthday. I can't believe she's ONE! She is stinkin adorable!!

the boys loved Libby's bubble machine!








This was a classic "Kosty stunt." I told him it was time for bed & to read books, so next thing I know he is in his rocking chair, with a book, and a giant bag of tortilla chips, just snacking away. He's hilarious. Now he DEMANDS a bag of chips or pretzels during books every night.
Here are my 3 boys eating a bowl of cereal for their bedtime snack. I just loved it. So its goin in as well. Happy New Year everyone!

9 comments:

Suni said...

Happy New Year....sounds like you had a fun one!! I love the picture of you and your boys on the couch....so cute!!

MommyRohner said...

Gotta love all those wonderful blessings in life. It's SO nice to be happy with the way life turned out, especially with so many people that are unhappy in the world. Happy New Year!

I need your email address for a baby shower invite. It seems I don't have it anywhere. Email me at mommyrohner@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Brooklyn said...

Love the cereal pic. Daddys and their boys are so sweet. It was a fun new year. I hope I can stick to my goals this year. And I agree, there is something refreshing about starting anew...

Michelle Y. said...

Happy New Year! I cannot get over how cute your new pictures are. Did you tell Brooke about the blog invite? She keeps commenting on every post that I make and I can't comment back to her...

Lynsi said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Such a cute family! Happy New Year!

Swirls of Happy said...

Good Post! Love all the pics....the cereal one is SUPER ADORABLE!!!! Glad I got to see you today :)

My Loves said...

How sweet! They have a bedtime snack together....awwww! And you were right!! I checked the birth certificate. Matix IS really 4!!! How the??? Im kidding:). I know, he is just a big boy. Who would have though I could produce a TALL baby? Im not exactly tall myself. Hm...Anyway, your pictures are so cute and I am in LOVE with Braden and Koston. So cute.

Tawny Antelman said...

cute pictures! i love your new lay out its so cute, and your guys family pictures are so cute!!!

see ya tonight!

Nichols Family said...

That's so cute. I think my kids usually use the bedtime snack thing more of a stalling technique...

Your boys are darling...I love thier costumes.