Sunday, December 30, 2007

a very Merry Christmas





Whoosh, there is nothing I love more than the build up of Christmas & Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day...but I LOVE to take a deep breath when its all over. Actually the day after I am usually pretty sad. We have to wait a WHOLE year for it again! I have seriously let my house "go" this week (f-i-l-t-h-y) & I am dreading putting away all the decor. Sigh.

This year we simplified so much, which was actually wonderful. We did 3 nice gifts for each of our kids & then by the time they got gifts from all the Grandmas & Aunts and Uncles, they ended up with still WAY TOO MANY! I am going to stick to the 3 gifts thing. My house is filled with toys. We had a party at our house with my Mom & Clay's side on Christmas Eve, and we had a Mexican feast & white elephant. It was really fun! My step dad Clay bought my Mom a bunch of 'useful' things from Costco & wrapped them up (actually assigned someone to wrap them) but anyways, it was hilarious watching my Mom open her block of cheese, 3 pack of pledge, lifetime supply of pens, and prunes too. We tried to get a picture with everyone, but 2 pics later & we still didn't have everyone in it! Gotta love big blended families. Then after everyone left, we had popcorn & hot chocolate & watched a movie & made cookies for Santa & sprinkled the reindeer food on the lawn & then drove around & looked at the lights, geesh! We just had to fit it all in though! Jer was not impressed with the displays, he said he felt like he was hunting & that they shouldn't be so darn few & far between! Of course we got the usual story from him, "Back where I grew up....every single house was decked out everywhere you went...no hunting required..." He had me dying of laughter in the car. From now on we just need to find a good dependable route with lots of "Griswold style" houses! Anyone have one?

Christmas Morning, Brayden woke up at 3:30 am & came into our room & told us that Santa had come & it was time to open presents. Jer rolled out of bed & said, "ok" & then I told him to check the clock. So we made Brayden go back to bed (I can't believe he did) then we all woke up at 8:00...a record breaking LATE time for us. It was PERFECT for me. Jer grew up with the tradition of opening all the presents before the sun comes up...but slowly he is converting to my ways. We actually had to wake Kosty up to come join us. Brayden was so stinkin sweet, with every gift he genuinely thanked us & was beaming ear to ear. He loved passing gifts out to Kosty and us too. My favorite gift this year was the one Bray got me from the school "Gift Shoppe." A gold bracelet with "#1 MOM" embossed all the way around. I was so excited to see what his sweet little brain picked out just for us. He chose a gold key chain that said #1 DAD for Jer, and for Kosty a Scooby Doo basketball hoop. He was so proud of his gifts. I have to say that was the highlight of the day for me! It was so cute & special. Hooray for the school Holiday Shoppe! and he got it all for $6! Quality stuff :) Then after some serious playing & Daddy-assembling, we went to Grandma's for Round 2 and her delicious breakfast! The kids got WAY spoiled there too. Then off to my Dad's house for more fun, and more gifts for everyone. Such a long, but fun and exhausting day. Throughout the day, every toy Kosty saw, he said, "and Ho Ho Ho bing it too?!"At the end of the day, Brayden let out a big sigh and said, "I had such a great Christmas."

It was all fun and games until the day after Christmas, dun dun dun.... I had to get my emissions tested and go to the MVD... nothing like that to snap you back into a dreary reality. JUST BRUTAL!

12 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

What a cute slideshow!!!! Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!! I love the bracelet Bray got you...too sweet :) How fun, but yes...reality can be brutal and I hate when Jason goes back to work after the holiday :(

Brittney said...

cute slideshow, and loved the picts of the family... we need a tripod next time so you can get in there! it was a fun christmas, and i love the traditons you do with the kids. i cant wait for libby to be older and we can do those things too.

Brooklyn said...

Yeah! I was waiting for the christmas pics! So cute, and fun too! Love the gifts bray picked out. Glad it was a merry Christmas!

Jaime S. said...

chel,
you threw a great party Christmas Eve. I had such a good time with everyone. I love your family....our family.

My Loves said...

K, Chelsea, if you didn't see on Brittany's blog, I am CRAVING your chocolate cake. I know, DH is to thank, but I think it tasted so much better because you had it in the cute bundt shape on the adorable cake stand...and the drizzled chocolate sauce made it even better!! How funny that I loved it that much! Anyway, what a fun Christmas. Your boys are so sweet. How awesome that Brayden was so thankful for each present. And what a sweetheart to pick out such cute gifts. I can't wait for that age with my kids. We seriously need to get our kids together more...or get my kids together with your husband. There's some crazy bond there...I think Jeremy's sneaking them candy or something when I'm not looking:).

Chelsea said...

Heidi, you should have stopped by around lunchtime today, guess what I was having, YUP the chocolate cake! Then there was one last piece JUST STARING at me after dinner, so I put it out of its misery as well. Duncan Hines is to thank, but my Mom taught me the Bundt trick & the drizzle is where its at!! And amen to the Jeremy comment, why dont they like me that much? He has some tricks up his sleeves for sure! Hey if you ever need a babysitter I guess you know who to call :)

foreveryoung said...

What a fun Christmas! I can't believe you fit all that into Christmas eve! Oh, and we had to make the lovely trip to the MVD for emissions yesterday. The kids were actually really excited about going into the blue booth to wait-something about a clubhouse??

My Loves said...

Jeremy is the man to call from now on! I'm really wishing I had come by today....

Randi said...

What a fun christmas! Next year you will have to come check out the lights in our neighborhood. We have a few "Griswolds" here. One family puts up there own pole and has santa and his reindeer flying over there lawn and they also have the leg lamp from the christmas story. And I know how you feel about taking x-mas decorations down. It took me a week to clean and organize the x-mas mess. Happy New Year!

Nicole said...

Hey Chels. I'm so happy you invited me to your blog! We had fun the other night. We should have a girls night soon!!!

Angie Whitman said...

I love the three gift idea. Two years ago we went on a trip (with family) as our christmas. We literally got each girl two things (one from us and one from santa). It was the best christmas. I would much rather do something fun as a family then get a ton of toys that end up breaking. BTW, I love your new header.
I love how sweet kids can be about giving us gifts. Its the best. I'm glad you had a good christmas!

Tawny Antelman said...

HAHA I JUST BARELY TOOK DOWN THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS LAST NIGHT AND THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ARE STILL UP.. I DINDT WANT TO TAKE ANY OF IT DOWN EITHER AND I AM STILL DREADING TAKING THE LIGHTS DOWN, I LIKE TURNING THEM ON EVERY NIGHT! HAHA