This is my favorite recipe for Hot Chocolate, what better time to share it!?
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
6 1/2 c hot water
In a large saucepan, combine milk, cocoa, vanilla & salt. Mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water, heat through, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Don't forget the marshmallows!! (leftover can be stored in the fridge for a few days)
and one more... (sorry it took so long Becky & Randi)
Little Thimbles Sciue Sciue (shwee-shwee)
(Unlike my husband, I love a meatless dish once in a while & this is one Jer not only loves but requests!)
1 1/2 c ditalini pasta
1/4 c good olive oil (I use extra virgin Bertolli, make sure it says 'first cold press')
2 t minced garlic (use fresh in a garlic press)
5 plum tomatoes, chopped
6 oz shredded (not grated) parmesaen cheese (or you can use 8 oz FRESH mozzerella cut in cubes)
8 large fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1 can of whole black olives
salt to taste
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook abut 8 minutes, al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes & olives & saute until heated through. Add the cooked pasta. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the cheese and basil and toss to coat.

9 comments:
Oh la la little miss culinary queen! Bo and I have been enjoying a cup of cocoa(not homemade) every night on the couch lately, and I have been on the LOOK OUT FOR a homemade version! Thank you CHels! Also, sounds like a great italian dish! yummy!
Sounds delish! I will be making both of these tomorrow!!!! Thanks for the recipies :)
i am not going to lie my favorite hot chocolate is the swiss miss...just add 6 oz of hot water! i have never found a hot chocolate with milk i liked. YUCKY! :P
is this the pasta you made for bunco last month? YUMMMY!
Look again missy, that recipe does not call for milk!!! 6.5 c of water!
yes thats the one from bunco :)
Thanks for the recipe! I love love hot chocolate! I hope everything is well! Talk to you soon!
but condensed milk...my stomach is getting nausua hold on. :)
Just kidding, i will have to give it a try because i will say you have NEVER failed me, EVERYTHING your little fingers touch turns out YUMMY!
you crack me up-- just to make things worse for you, Jer's lil sis eats the condensed milk with a spoon!!!!!!! Now THAT is EWWWWWW.
Thanks! I love great recipes.
I loved this! I am going to make it tommorrow!
Post a Comment