Sunday, January 6, 2008

more things to remember

A few days ago, we said our family prayers at night & then everyone scattered off, normally I have to lasso them all up yet again & try to read family scriptures. Well this time, I just let them go. I was tired of always working for it, so I took the easy road. I felt guilty, but carried on & brushed Brayden's teeth, etc. He said, "Momma, why didn't we read the big brown book tonight?" I told him because everybody left the room. He said, "Well, did I?" I thought for a second. No, he was still in the room wasn't he? He lingered while everyone else left. I said, "No, I guess you didn't leave, sorry." He said, "Well can we read the brown book, please? I really do want to learn about church."

Last night I put him to bed & then I went into my bed & was relaxing watching TV. He came in & told me that Dada was supposed to lay with him for 5 minutes, but he was in the shower. Then he said, "but I want you to lay with me, your so warm and snuggly." So hard to resist, but I had JUST laid down, so I told him I would be there in just a minute. About 10 minutes later I mosied back to his room. I asked if he was glad I came back, and he squeezed me tight & said, "the gladdest I've ever been."

15 comments:

Elliot and Cami said...

Your stories are so precious! You will really appreciate this blog someday. Happy New Year!

foreveryoung said...

Oh melt my heart and he's not even my boy! Don't you just want to keep him bottled up in this sweet little innocent age forever? Although I have a feeling that he'll still be just as sweet when he's older :)

Angie Whitman said...

What a sweet little guy! I hope Jax is that tenderhearted. You are doing such a good job raising such a sweet, loving boy!

Brooklyn said...

Chels! Thats sooooo very sweet. We have the big brown book too! It's the best casue it has big letters... "The gladest I've ever been" I would have cried, so sweet!

Michelle Y. said...

I love sweet moments like those. What a sweet boy. I agree with Jamie, I just want to keep my boys in this innocent age forever.

Jen H. said...

What a sweet little guy! It just shows what a great job you're doing as a parent!

Suni said...

Oh that is just too cute, it is the best when they say cute sweet things like that!

Brittney said...

where does he come up with this stuff? seriously! i crack up at his comments. "the gladdest"... too funny. how can you resist that little guy?!

Tawny Antelman said...

Braydens such a cutie!! I enjoyed seeing him on Sunday, and as for Kosty he cracks me up!! ha i cant help but laugh at him at the little things he does. ha
i thought it was so cute how brayden got upset when he didnt think he would get the Water in sacrement! he had such a sad face and than got all happy once they came back!

MommyRohner said...

You are so blessed to have such a loving little man.
I wish I was as good as you at writing down all the great things my kids say.

Anonymous said...

For starters, your boys are beautiful! (Hmmmm, I wonder why . . .?) :)
I love stories like this because they make those "small things in life," so vivid.
I love your pictures . . . and the BLUE is so refreshing. Who was your photographer if you don't mind me asking?
I hope that it's okay that I add you to my blog. I would love to check in and read your sweet stories!

Glazier5 said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet moments...it's a great reminder to me not to take the easy road in reading the scriptures with my kiddos especially when I'm exhausted and at the moment don't seem to care and taking the time to just snuggle with them! What a cute family you have! :-)

Anonymous said...

I said if you let me sneak on your blog I wouldnt tell Bill any of your dark secrets and then I clicked onto this post and had to read it out loud to him - He'll be having you bear your testimony on the importance of scripture study with your kids - JK. Cutest family - you'll be so grateful when your older that your a blogger!

Heidi said...

Seriously Chels, your blog is one of my favorites because of these types of stories you tell. I need to be better about writing down sweet things my kids say too.

Anonymous said...

He is one sweet boy! Those are the moments that will always stay with you! SO so sweet.