Thursday, December 27, 2007

made me laugh

Today I took the boys to Barnes and Noble and while Kosty was playing at the train table, a little girl walked up & asked him his name. I was so close to chiming in & answering for him, but this time I decided to let him handle it. He replied, "Da-ty!" (Kosty) it was so cute. Then she proceeded to ask him if he was a Boy or a Girl. I had to laugh & again wanted to chime in, but he simply said, "BOY!" What a proud momma I was. I didn't realize that he was prepared to answer such questions! My lesson today was that I need to 'up' my faith in my little guy. He handled it like a pro.

And then, we got in the car & I asked the boys if they had fun today, to which Brayden replied, "Yeah, WICKED FUN!" Who knows where that came from! He chose a Solar System book from Barnes & Noble. He cracks me up with how interested he is in the universe & science in general. I suppose I should brush up on those subjects. Ah-hem! Anyways, he was pretend "reading" the pages in the car and on one page he said, "If a meteor hits your house, then you have to call the emergency number." Then later I told him I was going to take them to the Dewper show in the morning since its Winter Break. He said, I don't like Dewper, but I like the other things (carousel & lunch)...its so complicated!"

Oh my I thought today was Wednesday & I promised my boys I would take them to Dewper tomorrow, oh no! Dangit.

9 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I guess all of our play dates are doing wonders on the social skills of our children :) Those are such cute stories and darn it that I missed Dewper today! I had fun reading up on your other posts and I loved the anniversary one. The pictures and love story were so great. That's so cool that you both knew that you were going to marry each other before you even knew each other! If that's not soul mates, I don't know what is!

Brooklyn said...

Hey chels! Love the new blog :) Yes Jer was born on the 26th. I did the post so late, I forgot it was still Tuesday! Thanks for calling Jer, you will have to let Bray talk to him. Remember the 3rd at 4:15 is Jer's party. Loved these silly stories. Wicked Fun! And oh no for Dewper!

Heidi said...

Chels, your boys are soo cute. They seriously are so smart and funny. You always tell the best stories.

Shanen said...

Those are cute stories and sometimes sad when you realize they are growing up. I love the new look to your blog. The pictures up top are super cute.

Brittney said...

ADORABLE! i love the new layout.
next year i am using your girl for sure!! the story about kosty was SO cute. what a smart boy he is! thats so funny she asked if he was a boy or girl! little kids... they sure do surprise when you least expect it:) funny, this week has been so off for me too, today definatley did not seem like friday even! k- looking forward to tomorrow with you and mom, poor steffie! have you talked to her? i wonder if she is coming too? k- then i am off to get city stick or whatever its named! thanks for that tip!! oh, and brayden saying wicked, cracks me UP!

Michelle Y. said...

Oh my gosh I cannot get over how cute your family is. I love the new pictures of your family. Trevor started saying "Wicked" also, what's up with that? Isn't that an east-coast thing?

Also, can you ask Brooke if she can invite me to her blog. She gave me her blog address and I invited her to mine and now that she is on private I can't get in but she is still commenting on my blog...Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures of your family! So great! And I am laughing so hard about the meteor hitting the hose thing! SO funny!

Nichols Family said...

Soooo cute. I love the pics of your son w/his skateboard. Ty has a board but it is too big. Happy New Year 2008 coming soon!

Swirls of Happy said...

These are such cute stories!!! Love the new layout!!!!