Sunday, April 1, 2007

Reminiscing...

Nothing too exciting this week, still no camera either! On Wednesday I babysat my niece Libby, she is 2 months old. She was a happy little thing, and I got to experience what life would be like with an 18 month old and a new baby! It went smoothly, but I only had her for the morning, and then she was picked up! I don't know how other moms do that, have kids so close together, its like having a big baby and a small baby! the boys were so dang sweet to her, it was so precious. Kosty surprised me because lately he has been into smacking me and Brayden, and he thinks its hilarious! So I was a little surprised to see how he reacted to the baby, he would smack me or Brayden and then go up to Libby and say,"Ah!" so sweetly as he would rub her hair and try to kiss her head. He kept on making this nerdy face, (my personal favorite of all of his facial expressions) at her when I was feeding her the bottle.


Brayden had his friend Jerron over and they were very brave to try out the Slip-N-Slide, even though the water was pretty cold. They
giggled and played forever with that thing, yet another "Dangit, where's my camera" moment. Those have been far too frequent lately! Argh!

We went to the kiddie pool on Friday and it was a little chilly but the kids still had a blast, finally all the other kids got out and wrapped up in their towels, and my little Brayden through the chattering of his teeth, could barely muster out the words, "Why..is..everyone..getting..out..?" Saturday came and we had a big neighborhood picnic, with food, a bounce house, face painting, and balloons for the kids. We waited for what seems like hours in line for the face painting clown, and Brayden was going back and forth with the important decision of what design he wanted. First it was Spiderman, than he decided on a green dragon and his mind was made up! Until, finally it was his turn to sit and all of a sudden he changed his mind to a scorpion?! It was such an odd choice for him, of course I tried to get him to rethink it, but his mind was made up, and out of all the things, he ends up with this huge, black, nasty scorpion going up his arm. Nice! (wish I had a pic of that, but once again, no camera! Dang.)


My little Kosty will be 18 months old this week, (hallelujah! time for nursery) I was reminiscing about when Brayden was his age, and how quickly it passes! It makes me want to savor every moment of this cute age, and vow to never forget the cute things he does and says. But like all moms know, sad but true, we do forget. So that's why I am grateful for my little online journal to have it in writing! Kosty, you are such a little firecracker, my little "wolf in sheep's clothing " as I affectionately call you, and I do mean that in the most endearing way. You are very shy, it takes some time for you to warm up to people. You are very selective in who can be graced with your presence! You have a complex personality, much different than Brayden's. You are so shy and quiet in any uncomfortable setting, but where you are comfortable, you are a wild man. So sassy and full of life. You are starting to learn more words and I know you must get frustrated that you can't vocalize all the things your little mind thinks about. Your favorite words have to be "A-gin!" and "k" for okay. I love your sweet "Hhhhiiiii!" whenever dada comes home form work. You love your brother, even though you bully him, whenever you see Brayden's "mimi" you will pick it up and rush it to his side, because you know how important snugglies are, since you are so attached to your blankie. It was once a beautiful soft and fuzzy thing with satin on the back, but now it is worn in, to say the least! You LOVE to be outside and play on the skateboard or a big bike, nothing for babies. You bring me my shoes and force my feet to the floor if I am sitting down (a rarity). You are demanding, but oh so sweet at the same time. You love to snuggle and read books. You love motorcycles and make the cutest little motorcycle noises. You make all the animal sounds, my favorite is the camel, you fling your cute hair and attempt to spit. Your hair is my favorite, so blond and silky, and it flows like a bell. I am jealous, I pay good money to get mine the same color! Even though you get mistaken for a "she" more often than we would like, its worth it to have every last moment of that baby hair since it never comes back! Just a few of the things I want to remember about this age...


(Brayden at 18 months left, Kosty at 18 months right)

















3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Chels! That makes me teary, you talking to Koston like that. It was very sweet. Thanks for letting me in on your family! Have a great day! Also, Of course i'll order the pictures for my poor, sweet friend with a broken camera! I have some hilarious ones of brayden. He is such a smiley one!

foreveryoung said...

So sweet, you are going to be so glad to have those memories written down. I got to see the slip and slide pics on Brooke's blog and they cracked me up with the undies! Your back yard is looking great and I'm very jealous that you have grass to actually slip and slide on!

Becky said...

That was fun to read! you are a great mom Chels! We need to see the boys! Koston is growing up so FAST! :) what a sweetie he is though!