Happy Easter to all. We finally went to the Easter Pageant this weekend, and I think the last time I went was about 4 years ago, regrettably! it was a really nice way to reaffirm the reason that we celebrate. And I was happy to grab a great "feel the spirit" moment, since they are more infrequent than I would like! We met Jer's familia and they were sitting all the way on the side of the stage, so we sat down and Brayden said, " I can't see, that darn tree is in my way." Then about ten minutes later when everyone was towards the back of the stage, and we really couldn't see anything, he said," Maybe it's the Holy Ghost, that's why we can't see it."
I was really on the hunt for an Easter egg hunt (clever, I know) this year for Brayden. Luckily, my very inspiring friend Jaime, (while out on her daily 7 mile morning run at 7 am, gag, I feel like a loser now-thanks) happened upon a sign for an egg hunt somewhere in the neighborhood, so I took Brayden and it was just what we was hoping for and more! hot dogs, cotton candy, popcorn, face painting, pics with Easter Bunny, bouncy things, and of course, the most important element was the egg hunt, even broken up into age groups. Score! It was assembled by a Christian church in the area, so when we first arrived I felt like the odd man out, everyone had their special church t-shirts on, but they were friendly, and luckily Jaime showed up later to save me before I was converted. Oh yeah, how could I forget the awesome Christian jams the DJ was spinning. Brayden would not for the life of him sit and pose with the Easter Bunny, I was so annoyed, they were even taking the pic for me and I would actually have a memory to take home, since my camera is still getting repaired, but no, he refused until the last minute when he accepted my bribe of going straight to Grandma's afterwards and if I would sit with him. Well since the Easter Bunny had pink flip flops and long blond hair coming out the back of the costume, I felt a little awkward. So I just stood next to her, eh, the Bunny. Yes, mission accomplished!! I felt so much better about my feat until, dun dun dun.... they said the pics would be available at their church on Sunday for pick up, urg. Maybe I'll bribe Jer to go in and get it. Then it was off to Grandma's house to dye eggs and have a family dinner.
Kosty, I guess is skipping the whole talking chapter and is now onto sign language, I guess its better than nothing, but come on kiddo, we want those words! He has watched the Baby Signs video a couple times and he is picking up really fast. At dinner he puts his cute little hands together and makes the "more" sign and says, "mo, mo." And he will make the sign for "eat." But my favorite has definitely got to be his "milk" sign, he squeezes his little hand together like he's milking a cow, it is very humorous! Oh, and he was mistaken for a girl yet again this week when I took him to the Dewper show at the mall. He was digging in my purse, and this lady said to me, "She just stuck something in her mouth, and I'm not sure what it was." Thanks. Ok, I know he has cuter hair than you lady, but seriously, thats an insult in 2 ways, #1- he was in a BLUE t-shirt and BLUE jeans, so duh! #2- if he was a girl, do you think I would actually dress her like that? gimme some credit! Oh well, it gave me a laugh.
Ok, to all who understand where I am coming from, am I the only one who picks up around the house!??? Seriously, it has been getting on my nerves, and I am surrounded by boys, messy boys! it is NEVER-ENDING! AH! Please tell me you know how I feel. So Brayden has been really into the X-Box and PSP lately, both Jer's toys, but now he is starting to turn into a teenage boy right before my eyes, and it is not ok! He said to Jer yesterday, "Hey Dada, you wanna play Halo with me?" Um, no. That is not a game for 4 yr olds! So when he gets the itch to be a lazy video game player, I will quickly distract him with a bike ride, or a game, or something. So on Saturday when Jer was home the two of them were playing X-Box and after about an hour, I had enough and told him he better go play outside like a normal kid. Seriously, kids these days are getting so lazy, they should be active, not sitting around playing games, I will not allow it. The point of the story is, the ever important decision arose again, about what to have painted on his cheek at the Easter festival, all the other kids picked bunnies or animals, and what did he choose? an X-Box. (well, I guess its a step-up from the scorpion, kind of)

4 comments:
I like the post. Nice you and Jamie can hang out all the time since your so close. Happy Easter!
HAHAHAH. oh man alive i died laughing at your post Chels! That was so funny! i love that brayden picked an xbox for his face painting. he is pure comedy. The egg hunt/neigborhood party sounded great! how fun! did you get your picture from that church?
NO! I couldn't convince Jer or myself to go in the church and claim it, cowards!!!!
I was cracking up the whole time while reading your post. Yeah, I was looking for you at Life Link today, where were you? I am so impressed with Brayden's "Holy Ghost" comment and with Koston's sign language. SHE is so smart :). Dude, he is all boy!
Post a Comment