Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Brayden's 11th.










when you ask someone to take your picture, you never know what you're gonna get...clearly going for the prize with this blurry shot! 




Brayden had his birthday fall on a Sunday this year, and it was a tricky one. The only thing he wanted for his birthday was a nintendo 3DS, which we said we weren't getting. He has too many video game systems as it is. But, my little brother Chase just so happened to be selling his 3DS & my mom  insisted it would be his gift from them. A $300 gift is a bit much and I didn't want my kids to start a new expectation, so I had to make it fair & basically throw money in my moms car as she drove away. She still gave it to us for a steal. But knowing that she wasn't coming until his birthday eve, we had just a couple dinky gifts for him until the big one. Never one to hide his gratitude, he almost shot through the ceiling when he opened his Costco pack of Martenellis, his all time favorite drink. Luckily my mom came over that night and saved the lame present day. His reaction was totally priceless. I must say I actually did some good things in the birthday cake department this time around. I want the boys to have memorable cakes but I'm not one to fondant or pipe fancy designs. Instead I asked them both what their dream cake would be like. Kosty's oreo cake and Brayden's ice cream cake are still talked about around here. B's ice cream cake had layers of mint hot fudge, ice cream sandwiches, and crushed oreos inside and out. I made it extra HUGE because I thought we would have a few more guests than we did, but Brayden and I got to eat a slice together every night for the next week. 

No comments: