Tuesday, January 29, 2013

halloween.





(we had our cousins over for family night and made ghosts and popcorn balls)












I think this may have been our best Halloween yet. Every year these boys choose difficult costumes so I was hoping we'd have easier choices this time. Kosty chose to be a mummy which I was thrilled about--cheap, easy, and cute. Brayden on the other hand didn't know what he wanted to be up until the last minute. So we went to Party City to get some ideas and he refused to leave without this 'boy riding and ostrich' inflatable costume. I realllly tried to convince him otherwise. And I mean REALLY tried. I think I was mad about it for a few days even :) But he was thrilled, so oh well. We had the trunk or treat at the church a few days prior and I was super stressed and frazzled trying to dress the mummy, make chili and cornbread, and get it over to the church in time. Also I was supposed to get there early for set up. Every time we were about to load in the car, mummy started coming unwound somewhere. I thought a mummy costume was so easy, and whoa was I wrong. I tied in knots, and used staples wound him so tightly but it was a mess. Finally jer got there, and all was well. He fixed him up, took them around, we ran out of candy in about 10 minutes, but we had fun. 

Halloween night had to be better so I decided to forget about making dinner, and grabbed a Papa Murphy's jack o lantern. Also, jer was home early so it was already off to a better start. This time I had about 100 safety pins ready to go for the mummy. We ate dinner, squeezed in some pics at sunset, and headed out the door to catch up with friends. Brayden asked me about a million times if we were going with friends. This kid is so social and he was so relieved when we all caught up. I hope he is always happy with going around as families (with friends) and I will be so sad the day he wants to ditch us. Usually one of us will stay behind and pass out candy, but this year we decided to leave out a bowl (im sure didn't last long) and all go together. This neighborhood is super festive and there were tons of kids and families out and we stayed out until the bitter end. I learned I need take it easy, simplify, and don't stress the small stuff. As with every holiday. Oh, and start prepping earlier than I think I need to. 

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

I could definately use your advice about simplifying holidays--next year! I always get so excited to see what costumes they come up with and this year did not disappoint. Crazy that this was only like 3 months ago but it seems like atleast 9!