We always spend Christmas Eve with my mom. This year instead of dinner, she had a brunch. When dinner time rolled around, whoops, I had nothing planned and we ended up eating grilled cheese and soup. Next year, I need to plan something a little more special/festive...anyway, the kids did NOT want to do anything except hop in bed so Christmas would come quicker. I really wanted to drive around and look at lights, but they were not having it, they were serious about bed! We always put our Christmas book collection under the tree and read one each night, but this year I wrapped them all and they took turns opening one each night up until Christmas eve. They loved it so much. Definitely a new tradition we will keep. After reading, we sprinkled the grass with reindeer food and then we tucked them in. We forgot cookies for Santa, so I told the boys to hop up and Kosty was the only one who did. Brayden didn't want to 'wake' himself up more. Crazy kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I was totally the same way when I was little. I was so scared Santa would skip over us if I was awake. I love the Christmas eve jitters!
Post a Comment