Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Skateland.









The boys' school had a Skateland day a while back and Brayden was super excited to go. As usual, he picked it right up and was whipping around the rink with a huge smile. Kosty was pouting on the bench, refused to get up and TRY and finally I grabbed one of those PVC pipe walkers, but his pride would not allow it. It was "too embarrassing and for babies." Even though there were plenty of kids his age and older using them. Finally I forced his miserable self out there, and whoa, it was scary being on wheels with an angry child also on wheels. Then, he started kicking at me--ouch! It was far too dangerous for the both of us, so I ditched him and tried to catch up with Brayden. I was just a little shaky out there, try I looked like I was 100 years old and scared out of my mind. It was so slippery! So slick! So unnerving! I survived one lap without falling, made it back & nearly kissed that nasty carpet. I grabbed Kosty and the walker, and we headed back out. I told him he HAD to go around once. I ended up behind him holding on to the walker and it was SO much fun...I felt so secure with that thing! I was wishing he was back on the bench and it was just me behind it. We made it around once and he sat back down, but I was finally feeling comfortable with my skates enough to ditch my help ;) Brayden was always much faster though, but it was super fun and nostalgic. Skateland is still gross, and the teenage PDA was even grosser, but it was a fun day.

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

Too funny, this reminded me of our first and only Skateland experience. I kept telling the kids to stop being whimps and just get out there but secretly I was scared to death! It was totally fun and nostalgic, though. And Kosty, what can I say...love that kid.