I think a new years hiking tradition was born a couple years ago...and its sticking. It feels so good to declutter at the start of the year, donate crap, clean out closets, put away Christmas, have a fresh, clean house again, and enjoy family time outside in the most wonderful weather of all time. I really love the new year. This time we went to Lost Dutchmen State Park. Brayden is a total hiker. He is quick, often running ahead, doesn't complain, and simply enjoys it. Kosty, walks extremely slow, complains, and stops to rest and snack about every 2 minutes. Jeremy has the most patience of any person alive. He stays with him and encourages him, while I say "ugh! lets just keep going, he'll catch up eventually." This is why we need Jer. Kosty surely would have been devoured by a wild animal or something by now with my parenting. Lost Dutchman is right across from Goldfield Ghost Town, so we stopped by to look around. Talk about a tourist trap. Every little thing cost money, and it wasn't cheap. Between the mine tour, reptile exhibit, museum, and ice cream, we could have easily spend $200 in 20 minutes if we wanted. Brayden declared everything was a "rip off" and so they were happy to look around and not buy. Love that boy.
![]() |
| A very rare moment, Kosty let me hold his hand for about 10 minutes. That is a definite record. I was giddy. I turned around to make sure Jer was seeing it happen, and he was snapping away. |






1 comment:
Awww, Kosty holding your hand! It cracks me up how opposite your boys are and how Brayden is a mama's boy and Kosty is Daddy's little man. This post is making me itch for a good hike before it gets too hot!
Post a Comment