Both boys in school all day this year. Oh, my little tiny Kosty. Gone all day now for 6 hours! I was nervous leading up to it, thinking that he would really resist the change. About a week before school, I came into the kitchen and saw his first day of school outfit laying on the floor all set up. He asked me every day if it was the day. I overheard him a couple times saying.."I just can't wait for school to start." Surprise, surprise! That kid is always surprising me. I guess I was worried since Brayden had such a hard time adjusting. He cried and cried, faked sick, clung to my legs when I dropped him off, and begged me to pick him up early everyday. That was different though, Brayden is a Momma's boy. Kosty.....not even close. And since he isn't, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. After the first two days I asked him if he misses me at all and he said, "Well, I do miss the house."
I'll never be one of those moms that either hates when school starts or loves it. Its always a totally mixed emotions kind of a day. I thought I would cry when I walked Kosty in, but I didn't. He was excited. He is an eager learner and a good student. He loves consistency and schedules. He listens to his teachers. He thrives without me. That realization should have made me cry. I guess I'm just happy for him. Happy that he was happy. I am sad about the fact that now he will always be gone from home FOREVER during the day. That part does makes me sad. And of course, I never thought I would be an 'empty nester' so early. I thought I'd always have a baby or two at home with me. So, it's a premature freedom, but it is freedom, and I'm going to enjoy it.
When I pick the kids up from school is my favorite part of the day. They come running towards the car, huge happy smiles, hair bouncing up and down, happy as can be...my two boys. Together at the same school. Loving being there together. Loving coming home. And they are so cute. SO darn cute. My heart is full of joy and gratitude. I am so lucky. I wasn't expecting that to be the moment when I got all emotional but it was. I adore these boys.




5 comments:
Wow, both kids in all day school! Im sure your empty nest stage wont last for too long. You will get your 3rd baby soon my dear! It always comes when you least expect it.
You are such a great mom! I love hearing your "mommy" stories!
Oh Kosty..."I'll miss the house"-hahaha! I had forgotten what a hard time Brayden had so I'm glad the adjustment has been good for Kosty. I'm glad you've managed to spoil yourself sufficiently while they're gone too, you deserve it ;)
Chels...I am the same way! I like that the kids are learning and growing but selfishly I want them home all day with me... Goung back to school to get my degree really helped me because I was borderline depression having my babies gone... You and I both need another...or maybe you and I can just hang out all day :) Love you! Loved reading about the summer fun, your summer to do list looked exactly like ours!
AWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a sweet post chel. you are such a good writer. I loved reading all of it. I cant imagine the day both my babies are in school, but it will be nice when they are at the same school. i look forward to it, and also am sad thinking about it.
I feel the same way when the kids are off to school. The summer is always great to have them home and be with them all day, but it's always fun to see them excited about a new school year!
I always love to read your posts, You're such a great mom! Lucky boys you have!
Post a Comment