Monday, May 16, 2011



 the last time we went to Desert Breeze park (in chandler) was when Kosty was 2 ish and Brayden was 5 ish. I remember they loved it so much and played for hours in the splash park and on the playground. We were looking for something to do (outdoors since time is running out to enjoy this weather) a few weekends ago and we decided to go there. It wasn't like I remembered it, it seemed so much smaller, not as fun... but I realized that my perception was different due to the fact that my kids are getting so big. Brayden felt too old to be playing on the playground. Brayden's size has some disadvantages, he's only 8, but he looks (and probably feels) like a 10 year old in situations like these. We walked over to the splash pad and he noticed all the toddlers, and again he felt too big. We rode the train & got popsicles, and that was fun but everything was so different now with my 2 big boys! I was trying not to get too down about it, but it made me sad to see that we are 'growing out of' park days. Like, really sad. While Kosty is still park age, when he sees his big brother not exactly into it, I think it loses its appeal. Things turned around on the tire swing, thank goodness for that. They had a glorious time on that thing. 

I know there are wonderful things about my kids getting older. But sometimes its sad, and that's all there is to it.

4 comments:

Jenna Lee said...

Right now I keep thinking how nice it will be when the kids get older..no diapers, no bottles, no fussy baby and ear infections......but I know when they do I will miss this age too....

foreveryoung said...

Nice top knot ;) It's so hard to completely embrace the stage they're in without missing the past and getting anxious for the future.

foreveryoung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

I know the feeling! Your boys are big for there ages! But you and Jeremy are tall!
Seriously, we need to get together @ my splash pad when school is out with brooke and her boys. The older boys could all play!