The Easter tradition I care most about is taking the kids to the Easter Pageant. Even though its far and late for the kids, I hope this is something we stick with no matter what. This year Kosty fell asleep pretty early into the pageant, and I was sad about that. But Brayden was really into it and asked a ton of questions. He was so curious about the Gethsemane scene, and wanted to know if Jesus felt the pain of him getting his staples, stitches, etc. I was trying to explain to him that the emotional and spiritual pain he took upon himself for us was far worse than those types of physical injuries. Sometimes, I feel like my words just don't come out right when explaining these things, but I hope my kids still 'get it'. There was a sweet older couple sitting behind us, and she had her head on his shoulder and he was rubbing her arm the whole time. (You can see them behind Kosty in the pic) They were so dang cute. You could tell that they just loved each other to bits. They had no kids or grand kids with them either. I hope we always do have kids to go with, but even if its just the two of us, I hope we still come.
This year, one of our new neighbors set up an egg hunt in our greenbelt area. It was nice not to have to drive anywhere or fight crowds to have a quick egg hunt. There were 5 kids who came to the egg hunt about 10 minutes too late, and they had no eggs in their baskets. I asked Bray & Kosty to go share some of his eggs with each of them, I was sort of expecting Kosty to whine a bit about this, but he didn't. He was SUPER generous and shared so many that he only had a few left for himself. I was so proud of him. Of course, we dyed eggs, and the kids woke up to find different colored yarn tied to each of their beds. They had to follow the yarn to find their Easter baskets. It was our first time doing it this way, and it was kinda fun.
After church, we went to my Dad's house and ate and then had a big family game of kickball (the kickball was one of those giant exercise balls) on the grassy hill by the lake. It was really fun, until it got a little more competitive and Brayden got slammed by the ball. He was crying and had the air knocked out, headache, etc. But I think mostly his feelings & pride were hurt. :)
it was like pure torture trying to get a normal picture after church. Jer came out and scolded me (not really-ha) about the boys being on the dusty bench in their church clothes. So he decided they should sit on the gate instead. Maybe one of these days we will get with the times and get a tripod or something so we can all be in the picture.







6 comments:
darling easter pictures! I think we tried one year to take our kids to the Easter Pageant, I can't even remember. we may need to try it out again next year. sounds like a great tradition for your family!
Oh and Happy 29th!!!
So fun to see you doing such fun things with your Big boys...they are at such a fun age and will remember these things...I do love kissing baby cheeks but I can't wait tell they get a little older and we can do fun things like this...and I love the green ties all matching...and you look gorgeous as usual!! Also guess what?? I have ate at our fancy little restaurant 2 times since we ate there, I guess when I go to long with out that place I go through withdraws and bing like crazy!! You want to meet again??
Looks like a SUPER fun Easter! Jer loved the easter pagent too, and Ky definetly fell asleep. I love how your boys match in their lime green ties... and you darling Va Va Voom! Your stunning!
Adorable pics! I love how all the boys match :) XO
They look so handsome in their matching ties, definately worth the hunt. Now I'm feeling guilty that we didn't make it to the pageant...next year (didn't I say that last year??). I'm glad you were able to get your egg hunt in after all, did you ever find out about lifelink??
the ties are so cute! where did you finally find them? great pictures. you are great at doing fun things, i love the yarn idea! missed you all on sunday, wish i couldve been there.
Post a Comment