Thursday, May 26, 2011

Brayden came home from school the other day and asked me what a "softie" was. He told me that while he was working on his barracuda report, a couple kids in his class commented on his drawing of the barracuda looked "cute." Obviously, a barracuda is a vicious looking fish, but they were laughing and saying that Brayden was incapable of making something look mean. One of the kids yelled, "Brayden's a softie! Brayden's a softie!" 


I told him how much I loved that 'insult' and what a compliment it really is. Brayden is SUCH a softie, just like his dad, and I think its his best quality. He has the sweetest heart and he is so sensitive to others. I am so happy he is mine! 

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Brayden really is such a great boy! Kids can be so cruel! I love how you spun it the otherway around into a compliment becasue as he gets older that soft side will serve him and those around him well. I also loved your last post on the word of wisdom. You KNOW how strong I feel about that one :) I cried reading your story of that mother. Thank you for sharing that. Love you friend! Can't wait to see you next week! XOXO

foreveryoung said...

Awwww, the world could definately use more "softies" like Brayden!!