A sweet lady in my new ward, Christy, set up a 10k back in April. We went from her house to almost Higley High and back. I've never run more than 5 miles, and a 10k is just 6.2, but I was a little nervous. Mostly because we woke to rain and freezing cold. I never did warm up, but I was able to maintain a fast pace solely due to one girl, Amanda (to the right of me) who kept me going and had a lot to chat about. (nobody brought music--I was unsure about that too) She was the perfect person to run with and made the time fly by! I never felt that tired-I-can't-do-this-feeling, which I do feel sometimes when I'm alone listening to music. It was like 50 degrees and rained the entire time. It even hailed at one point. The rest of April's weather was fabulous, it was just a freaky day. Christy made headbands and numbers for us and had her garage filled with bagels, fruit, hot chocolate, etc. It was a really good time, and I was glad to be a part of it!


3 comments:
Amazing! I am trying to be a runner! :) What a fun ward!
my ward just did a 5k last weekend! it was so much fun. 10k's are tough, good job!
So cool that you got to do this. I know you totally rocked it even in the rain!
Post a Comment