Thursday, October 21, 2010

the ball.

my kids both hate this hair do. they named it "the ball". I love it because it gets me through day 3...yes day 3! I am so proud of myself that I can now go 3 days without washing my hair. Once upon a time I washed my hair every single day or else it got greasy and nasty. Now, I spray a little dry shampoo, it smells good, and it simplifies getting ready so much. such a timesaver. its also supposed to be healthier for your hair. haven't noticed that yet, but I guess that's what more than a decade of bleaching does though, yow.

also, once upon a time, in 7th grade, there was a mean girl who said I had a weird forehead and that my hairline starts in the middle of it. I had never thought of my forehead as weird before then. Suddenly after that, I was self conscious about my hairline. But when I met jer, he told me he loved the baby hairs on my forehead. And from then on, i liked it too. So take that, Tonya Floyd.

12 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

I can hardly contain myself right now!! Who is this TONYA...did she have eyes?! FB shout out to Tonya?
Okay, I'm just dying.
I will have you know I am STILL one of those girls who MUST wash her hair every single day. Dare I even try this product you have? Having long hair now I may find it quite convenient. However, the thought of it...still makes me cringe.

Jenna Lee said...

ha ha that made me laugh....what ever happened to Ms. Tonya Floyd I wonder.....and oh how I love dry shampoo, I can go 3 days as well now thanks to it but I have to have my hair back on the 3rd as well!!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard when I read this! I would love to know where Tonya Floyd is nowadays. I could guess...but it probably wouldn't be a very nice guess! LOL She was a character! :)
But, I actually love "the ball" I think it is super cute! You could do anything and it would be cute!

Stefanie said...

this is my hairstyle every day of the week 24/7.
mom says i look like an old school teacher. welp that's what i'm gonna be so there.

Stefanie said...

ps. you're pretty.

pss. i am NOT an insensitive little shish--whatever that is.

Anonymous said...

i love it too. and same with stef it's my 24/7 look also. it cracks me up that your kids have such opinons about these things... but with landon as their dad, i bet mine will too.

Anonymous said...

and oh my goodness... i just read braydens latest. "it's been a painful 7 years without a dog" hahahaha! please bless my kids are as funny as yours!

Lynsi said...

The ball is the only way to go being a mom! People harldy recognine me with my hair down! Yes, I've always been a fan of getting away with washing my hair as least as possible. Great being able to get ready in 5 minutes!
I love that your boys named the hair do "the ball"...funny boys!

Kelly said...

That was a funny post! I remember that chick always being MEAN.. Im sure she feels bad now.
And you have awesome hair. It always looks great when i see you.. I need to get me some dry shampoo. What kind do you use? I usually go 2-3 days without washing my hair. But gym days are HARD!! So maybe this will help.
Love the BALL!

Bekah: said...

my what a lovely ball you have...
first of all, I hope Tonya is a blog stalker and feels remorse! She sould once she sees how beautiful you are!

Michelle Y. said...

You always look great, even when you haven't washed your hair in 3 days :) It is so funny because when I am ready for church and feeling pretty cute Tanner says, "I like it better when you look the other way." Then I go put on my sweat pants and put my hair in a "ball" and Tanner tells me I look much better. So, I guess he loves it when I am just mom :) By the way I did remember to call that place today that I told you I would :)

Swirls of Happy said...

A) I love the ball
B) Your forehead is perfect
C) I go 4 days with dry shampoo!