On Saturday, the kids asked if we could go to Spirit Halloween to look at costumes. Kosty had been last year and remembered there were a few spooky things but wanted to go back. Brayden was really excited to go, he had never been. So we walked in and went right past the evil clown display (yikes) to the kids costumes. I asked a worker if they had hats and he pointed me in the direction. In order to get there, we would have to walk past the 'demon' babies. Yes, a whole slew of demon babies! (who thinks of these things? so disturbing) I remembered them from last year & remembered that they were the worst thing in the store, so I shielded their eyes as we walked past.
BUT...At the end of the path, we found ourselves directly in front of life size & moving killers from all the scariest movies. They had Hellraiser (with the needles in his head), Jason, Freddy Krueger, and Michael Myers. They looked very real & had bloody weapons and like I said, they were moving. So all of a sudden, Kosty SCREAMS and starts crying his eyes out as he jumped up on me, burrowed his head, wrapped his legs around me and gripped his fingernails in as hard as he could. While I am trying to grab Brayden and leave, I notice that he too, is shaking and his eyes are filled with tears.
Holy traumatic.
We went outside and I tried to calm them both down. Brayden wanted to know why I took him in there since I knew how it was. I told him that they didn't have those guys last time I was there! I had to explain over and over that they were fake. Then we had a prayer. I prayed that their innocent little minds could forget those nasty images. I felt so bad knowing what might be stuck inside their heads. Kosty wouldn't talk for about an hour or two afterwards. It was pretty bad. They should have a warning sign on the front door for crying out loud. Don't take your kids there.

6 comments:
I agree, I hate that store! It scares me and gives me the worst feeling and i'm 30. You are such a good mom, love that you left and said a prayer.
We went in that store for the first time this year and I told Craig it was pure evil. My boys were traumatized by the zombie babies too and they still talk about them.
thanks for the warning! we wont be going there ever. we will stick to the walmart and target costume isles....it is pretty scary the things they come up with. so sad they were so traumatized.....i hope they dont have nightmares.
oh that is so sad! poor little guys... (and you)
HAHAHAHAHAH
sorry that's funny.
stef- you are an insensitive little shish.
Post a Comment