Wednesday, February 17, 2010

snow trip.





















Last weekend we finally made it up to the snow. We just took a day trip and went up to the Forest Lakes area. Once we found our spot, some other families were just leaving so we had the whole space to ourselves. It was a wide open plain with a small hill just perfect for sledding, snowman making, snow tasting, snowball fights, and making snow angels.

I never want to forget this day because it was perfect, and I never want to forget the way I felt. Looking around at the beautiful white scene and the smiles of my sweet family, it felt exactly like what I imagine heaven to feel like. Peaceful, happy, and content. I got teary eyed then and now as I think about it. I love my three boys immensely and feel so grateful I get to spend my eternity with them!






6 comments:

Elliot and Cami said...

That's so sweet. I had one of those moments the other night at the mall of all places. Cohen was being so good while Elliot and I ate and went to the stores we wanted and then we sat and watched him LOVE the play area. It was just a perfect night. I think we get thrown those moments so we don't forget how lucky we are!

Brittney said...

what a wonderful day! you are lucky to have 3 amazing boys in your life. i can only imagine that feeling of peace and contentment, just watching them play in the snow. i cant wait to go!

Anonymous said...

i love this. did you get a new camera?! these pictures look good!


on running: i am different. i have pandora on my phone so i always listen to that. i can't make myself a playlist because i like to be surprised. so for the first 40 minutes of my run i listen to beyonce radio, rihanna radio, or acdc radio. (ha!) then the last 20 when i am really pushing myself i listen to swell season radio, andrew bird radio or simon and garfunkel radio. i find a slow steady beat matches my mood and i focus on teh rythmn and lyrics rather then my running.
works for me?

also, thanks for the tips. your a good example, so i should probably listen to you. :)

Stefanie said...

magical.

Jenna Lee said...

So fun..I am glad that you guys finally made it to the snow!! And your boys are at the perfect age to go and have fun with, I can't wait tell my boys catch up and we can make some fum memories like that!!

foreveryoung said...

That is a perfect day and now I wish we had bucked up and kept driving through the pouring rain to find the snow!