Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"wike Bubba"


Aww, today I witnessed something so special, so sweet, so heartbreaking, I couldn't wait to come jot it down. I wish I had it on video, but this is the next best thing. Brayden came home from a friends house and Kosty and I were outside waiting for him on the porch. As soon as Brayden came up, Kosty stood up on the bench and looked over at him. He looked for a minute, and then he pointed at him and said, "I wis I was big jus wike Bubba." All at once, my world stopped, and I couldn't take my eyes off of him as he stared over at his brother. He had such a longing in his eyes. Then he held a piece of his hair in his hand and said, "I wis my haiw wooked wike Bubba's. I wis my haiw was brown."

and my heart broke.

Here I am thinking all this time that it is Kosty's ultimate goal in life to be completely the opposite of his brother. I mean, after all, that is the way he makes it appear. It wasn't until that very exact moment, watching him looking at his brother the way he did, that I realized how much he really does love and look up to his big brother. And he wants to be just like him.

Then later on this evening, Kosty was listening to Brayden crack a few jokes in the car, and he said, "Mommy, how do I make a funny fing jus wike Bubba doos?" Aw, it just broke my heart again. He notices his brother's witty, confident, and outgoing personality, and he wants to know how he can be the same. If only he could truly know that his completely unique personality and appearance fills our lives with joy! I wouldn't change one single thing about this little boy! I just wish he knew how special he really is to be the one and only original KOSTY! and how much I wouldn't want him any other way! Kosty, you are loved more than I could ever, ever express. We love you just the way you are.

12 comments:

Tawny Antelman said...

Well.. I think I need some Chelsea BLOG help than.. because I use photobucket so all my pictures come from my photobucket and would i load them onto my blog there HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE like IN YOUR FACE huge so I have to make them smaller on the blog... So I dont know if its possible to do it another way using photobucket to where I dont have to resize and I can click on pic and it blowsup.. let me know if u can help :) haha

Brittney said...

AWE!!!! Sweetest post ever.
that is so cute, i love how you write just like he sounds, thats perfect! what a great story to remember and share. little kosty, we love you just the way you are. but how adorable to wanna be jus wike bubba.

Elliot and Cami said...

There is something so sweet about brotherly love. I hope Co gets a little brother next so they can be buddies. What cute little boys you have.

Jenna Lee said...

that is so sweet it just melts m heart!! But I have to admit after today I can't believe that "bubba" is so big and grown up... I really just kept looking at him thinking where the heck did he come from... they are both so cute in there own ways but completely opposites!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Okay that is so heart melting and he's not even my child. So dang cute- love his little puppy dog eyes...and congrats to him on poopin in the potty. Love his big boy bed.

Suni said...

That is so sweet, I love the way he talks....so cute!

Bekah: said...

so touching, so sweet to see his brother through his eyes. thanks for the glimpse!

Nichols Family said...

I love how you write out exactly how he pronounces his words! Adorable.

Mindy said...

Chel,
You are such a sweet mommy and I love how you cherish every moment with them. I love reading your blog and I hope I can be even half as good of a mom as you are! Thanks for sharing these special moments, I love it!

Shanen said...

That is kinda sad, but what a blessing it will be that he will always have an older brother to look up to. And when you have such a great big brother, it isn't soo bad that he wants to be just like him.

MommyRohner said...

What a sweet moment. I think those of us who have two boys together are VERY lucky. They can be the best of friends.

Congrats to Kosty for doing the #2 in the potty!

foreveryoung said...

See, Kosty does have a sweet side to him, it was just the pnemonia hoopla that put him out of whack these past couple of days. I think it's adorable that he wants to be just like him, and I don't think he could have a better role model.