Monday, November 24, 2008

first lost tooth


{this really happened two Sundays ago, but I couldn't find my camera and we were about to be late to church}.

Kosty's church shoes are very wrinkled dark brown leather, and Jer has given them the nickname "brownie shoes." The top of them really do look exactly like a good brownie. So Brayden was pretending to "eat" the brownie when Kosty smacked it out of his mouth, and out popped Brayden's semi-loose tooth! Brayden was a little confused, Jer told him it was his tooth, and he said, "I thought it was a big piece of granola!" It bled quite a bit, but it didn't hurt him, just not quite ready. Oh well, Brayden was absolutely THRILLED, and why? because he doesn't realize that baby teeth are absolutely adorable and white and cute and smooth and perfect and straight...and well, we all know that the adult teeth start out pretty gnarly, a shade of yellow, ridges, large, awkward, crooked. I will certainly miss that cute perfect baby tooth and every one hereafter!


3 comments:

Brittney said...

FREAKIN HILARIOUS! I love your description of adult teeth, and agree! i just hope he doesnt get chase teeth! lololol....thats an awkward stage for any kid, and hopefully his adult teeth will be just as cute. so did he put the tooth under the pillow? does he believe in the tooth fairy? i cant believe he already lost his first tooth!

Jenna Lee said...

oh man that is so exciting.... the tooth fairy gets to come and visit..for some reason that real excites me as a parent even know I am years from there!!

Swirls of Happy said...

HAHA!!!! You crack me up, everyone has the "awkward" stage around 8ish with the gnarly teeth! That is so exciting though, and Brayden is such a doll with his big grin ;) Happy Thanksgiving, have fun in Utah!!