skip to main |
skip to sidebar
37
I stopped counting at 37. That's how many times I lifted and hoisted Kosty back into his crib. Yes, we are back to the crib now, for Brayden's sake. This kid belongs in the Guinness Book for most stubborn, I think I'll call. If my arms look extra buff, you know why.
15 comments:
no way!! 37, thats crazy! well, hey, if he isnt ready what can you do? you tried...
oh. dear
What about one of those crib tents? Is he too old for that? You could use it for your next kid too I guess. I just watched a SuperNanny last week where the mom put her kid back in his bed over 90 times. I would be dead by then.
This too shall pass?
I am dead. It was probably close to 90.
Ahh, man! Good luck!
So Rex was doing the same thing.. I ended up switching his lock around on his door, so I can lock it from the hallway.. even if he decides to jump out he can't get out of his room. It did the trick. Now if he jumps out and plays, he just jumps back in and falls asleep... eventually.
By the way, I hear ya with stubborn kids. I got a couple of those myself!
I don't know why this makes me laugh... I guess this is what I have to look forward to and I can already tell Brax is going to be a stubborn one!!
Call Super Nanny. Right now.
Oh man, I just read through your past few posts and it sounds like you have your hands full. Kobi was like that and I finally couldn't take it anymore. We switched the bedroom lock around. She stayed locked in her room until she fell asleep, usually in front of the door, then we put her back into bed and kept her door open for the night. Believe me there were times when Josh came home from work to find her dresser and toy chest in the hallway. That happened too many times to count. Good luck.
I'm sorry! Just know that someone else is sharing in your night exhaustion. Cohen wakes up every 2 hours wanting to eat. Little fatso. Good luck with Kosty. It's a good thing he's cute!
Chelsea!!! You crack me up. I just read the pick my battles post. HAHAHAHAHA you are such a clever writer. I am so glad I am not the only one that deals with stubborn boys. Ky is crazy sometimes. he yelled so loud that I was hurting him at frys. Yikes! How embaressing and I was not even touching him :) Boys huh?!
Okay your post about being a stay at home mom made me cry. Getting up at 5:30 to go to school so I can provide for these boys is soooo hard. I feel guilty everytime that it is my mom making them breakfast and sending them off to school. Time goes so fast, and we do have to take these moments to heart. I'm so glad you get to be at home with them. You are a great mother.
Girl I am dying!!! 37 TIMES!!!!!I know exactly what you are dealing with. Kale is soo stubborn. So, I am going to tell you what worked for us. We switched the lock on his door. Now, it sounds very mean but, I would still go to his door every few minutes and say that I loved him and that he needed to go to sleep. After a few nights he just knew and now he begs for us to lock the door because he is too tempted to leave! Ha! So, that is how we conquered the stubborn lil boy named kale!
Good luck my dear!
I read the comment from "Keith and Lynsi" and I did the same thing with Trevor. I switched the lock on his door. Mostly it was just a threat and I didn't keep it locked for very long. Then a few years later I heard on Dr. Phil that you should never lock your child in their room and leave beacause then they will have abandonment issues and at least the parent should stand there and keep the door shut so at least the child knows you are still there...so, who knows what the right thing to do is. I have done both.
Post a Comment