Sunday, November 23, 2008

on my mind...


I feel like I haven't blogged or even sat at the computer for weeks, and its really only been like 3 days...yikes. Another boutique done and over, I have 14,000 things to do before we leave to Utah on Wednesday, the list keeps growing for some reason. Last Sunday we put up all the Christmas decorations, to appease Brayden, but we left our Thanksgiving stuff out on the front porch, just to fool you all. We are not weirdos. {Even though we are}. Tonight, we finally gave in to his pressure of putting the tree up. The Christmas music has been on all day long... I love this time of year, I am soooo excited because both the boys are at such fun ages this year! As we were putting up the tree, there was a loud knock, we opened the door to find a bag of cookies and a note from the "secret agents" it couldn't have been more amazing timing. Brayden was thrilled, he has the best Christmas spirit about him. He loved every minute of unruffling the tree branches, drinking hot chocolate, and putting the ornaments up.

Kosty fell in the pool today while we were at Grandma's for Sunday dinner. All the {men} were outside grilling chicken, all of a sudden I hear Jer yell, "KOSTY!" and I just knew... I ran over to see Jer pulling my sweet soaking boy {fully church clothed} out of one freezing cold pool. Not a fun sight to see. Jer said he fell in when he tripped over a big stick he was playing with, and when he was running to get him, Kosty was already swimming to the side and grabbed the ledge. Thank you Miss Pam! Those swimming lessons really paid off. This is Kosty's third time falling in their pool, (all three times there were adults out there with him, thank heavens). I am so thankful even though he was fully dressed and the water was frigid, he kept his wits and knew what to do. What a smart boy.

Oh, and just in case you wondered about his sleeping arrangements...we are back to normal, finally. One late night after he promised that he would stay in his new big boy bed, and he did, he layed there perfectly still for about 30 minutes, then he came out and said, "I ready fo my crib." He went right in and is completely content now. Everything is back to normal, he's just not ready for the big bed.And has a strange way of letting us know that. ;) His middle name should have been "routine," he does not like change.

I'm going to try to do one more post before I leave...its long overdue, and I am such a procrastinator when it comes to downloading pictures!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

thanks for the update. i am trying to decide if i should buy another crib mattress or just wait it out and try to get libby in a big girl bed by the time the baby is sleeping in his/her crib. i just dont know! thats cute he said he is ready for his crib. lol. we will miss you at the festivities this thxgvng, but you will have fun with your family in utah.
good luck with your million things to do! we will do freestone and ikea when you return to az.

Pam Jorgensen said...

I'm so close to tears right now! I never REALLY know how my swimmers are doing after they leave me. WOW! Fully clothed and he still knew what to do! Way to go Koston! Please give him a big hug from Miss Pam!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness . . . what a blessing though that there were enough people around to help that sweet boy out of the water. (That is always such an awful thought, isn't it?)
I love this season as well. We have had the Christmas music since Halloween!
Have fun in Utah . . . enjoy the cold!

Tawny Antelman said...

I am so excited for Christmas decorating as well :) This weekend I am going to put all of mine up!!

Thank goodness Kosty is okay and knows how to swim!! 3rd time means TIME FOR A FENCE!!! ha

Chelsea said...

no kidding Tawny!

foreveryoung said...

So scary about Kosty! Thankgoodness that not only were adults out there, but that they were paying attention. And I'm glad Kosty's back to his normal sleeping routine, too bad you have to throw 4 nights in a hotel into the mix! Have a good Thanksgiving, I'm sure you'll have a blast :)