Friday, November 7, 2008
grateful
I am so tired, I need to be in bed right now, but I wanted to record what I'm feeling right now before it slips away. This morning I headed off at 9 am to the boutique. I had a hard time getting out of the house, when Kosty requested that our usual routine of snuggling on the couch and watching Elmo not be missed. That boy thrives on routine like no other. He refused his Dad, and I had to leave anyway, with a disappointed little boy sitting on the couch. Guilt. I didn't get home until almost 8 pm...and right when I walked in the door, the boys came running, and I got down on my knees for the biggest hugs I think I've ever had from them. Kosty even patted my back for a good 10 seconds. The first thing he said to me was, "Can you make dinnew?" Yes, you heard that right, it was nearly 8 pm and my kids hadn't eaten dinner. Love ya babe. Men just aren't as in tune as women are, bless their hearts, and that is why we are mothers. He is a wonderful dad though, he had just taken them to the school's family movie night. I felt guilty for missing that too. Jer said when Brayden got home from school, he immediately called out my name and then when he realized I wasn't here, he told Jer, "Mama always makes me a snack when I get home." I know how important this role that I have is at this moment, these are years I will never get back, and it truly is the most rewarding job I could ever have. I know this is where I belong, and that this is the most important work I will ever do. I know it isn't always possible, but it doesn't change the fact that I truly believe every child deserves to have their mom home to answer when they get home from school, to snuggle and watch morning cartoons with, and to tuck them in bed at night. I have had to work part time in the past when Brayden was little, which is much of the reason why I am sooooo grateful to be a stay at home mom. I wouldn't trade it for any paycheck in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I loved reading every word of that Chelsea. I'm so glad you decided to write before you went to bed.
I think I can identify with you so much having my 2 active boys just as yours are and going through such similar day to day things with them. You are such a good mom and I love how you LOVE your roll as a mother!! There truly isn't anything better...thanks for reminding all of us of those sweet simple things we do for our kids that are really shaping and molding them into who they one day will become. WE HAVE SUCH A RESPONSIBILITY!
Loved this post! TEARS.
You are such a sweet mama!
Hope the boutique went great! I'm sure Jenna loved your help!
that was a great post. i know i am SOOOO grateful for being able to stay home, its true these years you will NEVER get back, and i just wanna soak up every minute of libbys life.
thanks for the reminder, sometimes days go by and i think, what did i even do today, but being there for my libby sue, and scott too is why i am home, and feel important here. it was good times at dads last night, thanks for grabbing my camera, i will call you this week to come grab it, maybe you wanna go to desert breeze or freestone or something with our kiddos?
There are so many days that we feel unappreciated that it's so nice to have moments like these. I know several moms that would rather be out working, so not only are you lucky to be home but your kids are also lucky to have a mom that loves being home with them.
Good post, you have some sweet boys! I feel so grateful and blessed too, it would be hard to miss out on all those little moments throughout the day!
What a sweet post! You are the cutest Mama! I agree, it is best and it goes by so fast, thanks for the reminder!
amen to that especially after last week!!
AHHHH! Dinnew. So cute! Great post Chelsea, so grateful to be able to stay home with the kids. You're right, it's better than a paycheck.
I love this post!!!!! It is so true, being a stay-at-home mom is the most important role EVER ;) Thank you for posting this, it gave me a much needed little boost!!
Post a Comment