One of Brayden's homework assignments this week was to 'read a book to your mom or dad'. I have to admit, I thought it was a little much to ask since he's not in Kindergarten quite yet. But I asked him to pick out a book and give it a try. He chose "Green Eggs and Ham." I know those are easy words but it is a really long book, so I was nervous he would get frustrated... but he read the entire book!! He has been sounding words out for a while but I wasn't expecting him to read it all, that's for sure. He kept trying to "take a break," but I pushed him along, telling him, "one more page," and sure enough he was done! The look on his face was priceless, I have never seen him so proud and amazed at himself before. After he was done he thought he could just do anything. He started reading every logo, brand, and word around the house, and saying, "I CAN READ!!"
Here we are again! We went to a bbq at my sister Brittney's new house last weekend. It was fun to hang with my crazy family again, but of course, as we are leaving someone calls out that we need a picture. So right there in front of the beautiful backdrop which is my car, we stood and waited for an unsuspecting dog walker that was headed for us, little did he know. My dad asks him to take a picture of the 40 of us, and then he says, "Don't worry, We only want 2-3 shots of each of us!!" He is so embarrassing sometimes, but hilarious. At least there will be no shortage of family pictures if we ever need them, because they sure act like each time we get together could be the last!

Poor Kosty. We have all had bad allergies lately, but Kosty's asthma acts up when he gets his. So when he is struggling to breathe, he will say, "I need a breav-een treet-mint." Then he sets his breathing machine all up and helps me put the medicine in, and he holds the mask all by himself. What a sweetie. I think he looks so adorable doing it. Sorry Kosty, you can blame Mama for those bad lungs buddy!
Poor Kosty. We have all had bad allergies lately, but Kosty's asthma acts up when he gets his. So when he is struggling to breathe, he will say, "I need a breav-een treet-mint." Then he sets his breathing machine all up and helps me put the medicine in, and he holds the mask all by himself. What a sweetie. I think he looks so adorable doing it. Sorry Kosty, you can blame Mama for those bad lungs buddy!

14 comments:
Poor Kosty, what a sweet boy. Yeah for Brayden that is so good since he isn't even in Kindergarten yet.
YAY Brayden! thats so awesome he is a reader! what a smart boy.
i love his face, he looks so proud. i remember when i never thought i would be able to count by 9's, you know, 9, 18, 27, 36, 45 etc... and one day, i realized i knew the 9's and it was the proudest day of my life. i can only imagine how excited he is to KNOW how to read things! what a whole new world! love the family pict, and the description of the unsuspecting dog walker, i was crying i was laughing so hard, dad cracks me UP! so glad you all came over it was tons of fun, and thanks SO much for helping me hang my family photos! it looks so good, and i am so happy to have them up! and poor daty, that stinks he has to have a breevintreetment! dang mama, passing on the bad lung.
see you saturday! did you get moms email? um... what to do? oh, and see ya jason castro, we knew you had to go, your performance was awkward, and not so sure about how brain dead you are... seems like something else. i am excited about the top 3, but syesha is going home next week for sure. its davids to the end!!
First..... Brayden looks so cute, his face is priceless.... second, I didn't know Koston has to have breathing treatments, where have I been??? But ha ha that reminds me of you back in the day always needing your inhaler...especially at the ropens!! See you this weekend, we are just going to have the time of our life, we deserve it!! ha ha
haha your family reminds me of mine except that we dont ever get family pictures ha!!
braydens so cute in his pictures, i cant believe he can already read and those books are LONG but i like them!!
Poor kosty, that reminds me of always watching devon do it. Glad i dont have to deal with any of that!
HAVE FUN THIS WEEKENd HAHAHA!
I agree with Brit...was Jason Castro drunk or something...he was acting so dumb last night! Glad he is gone, but anyway, that pic is so cute of your family and you are TAN by dear! Poor little Kosty, what a sweetie pie with his breathing treatment :( That is great that Brayden can read so well...GO BRAYDEN!
That is awesome that Brayden is reading, such a cute picture! Poor Kosty, hope he feels better!
Way to go Brayden! What a good little Kinderstepper he is! Now if I could just get Alex to step it up! :-)
GRRRRRRRRR........you got me workin on my blurb, and i cant figure out how to add pictures from my computer! why isnt it working for me???
oh, and how random is this? i started my blog one year ago this MOTHERS DAY! interesting:) heres celebrating a year of blogging. thanks to you!
YEAH! Reading is such a HUGE accomplishment for sure!!! (It's so sweet to hear them sounding out their letters too!) Family get-together's are wonderful!
P.S. What is all of this talk about BLURBS lately?
Congrats to Brayden, that's awesome! I can't even get through that book without cheating and skipping pages, it's pretty stinkin long! The look on his face in that picture is defintely priceless, it looks like he is about to burst with excitement. And poor little Kosty...
That book is long...when I first saw the book he was going to read, I thought, "Oh,no!" He is a smart boy and he's not even in Kindergarten yet??:)
haha DR PEPPER is soooooooooooooo good though. I have cut down a little on it just because i wanna loose a few pounds but not because of the headachs, i think i am ammuned to the dr pepper or maybe its because im trying TRYING i repeat to not drink as much that im getting them. Jer would understand me or jenna on her diet coke! ha
Yeah my hair is a pain, but i must admit im to scared to cut it any time soon even tho jenna says chop it off she must not like it! haha
Chels, I just read your last post and I have to agree with you. I can't keep up with blogging because I am so busy! I wish I can blog everything down but I can't. I also need a recharger! Anyway glad that Brayden is reading! What a cutie and Kosty what a picture! It reminds me of our Katie which is on a breathing machine herself. I hate allergy season! I hope he feels better real soon! I hope we can see each other real soon too! I need a good dose of the Seville mom's real soon! You know who you are! :)
Hooray for Brayden! Pretty impressive that he's reading at such a young age.
You're such a fun mom. I love your Mother's Day post.
Post a Comment