Monday, May 12, 2008

Mama's Day Weekend

This weekend was so busy! Friday morning I went to "Muffins with Mom" at Brayden's school. I worked at weddings on Friday and Saturday, and had lunch with my step mom and a trip to the mall with my Mom in between. Too hectic, but fun anyway. Sunday morning it was up at 6:45 to make it to church on time, which we were not. Big surprise there! I was feeling jipped that I didn't get my usual 'breakfast in bed' that Jer and the boys had done for me in the past ...but it's not the first time I have blamed 8:00 church for ruining all my plans!! :) BUT... when we came home the boys gave me their cards & gifts and Jer made me lunch, followed by a 2.5 hour nap! That's all I really wanted.

I told Jer my favorite gift on Mother's Day is actually those little interviews that Brayden gets to answer about me...I always love to hear what he comes up with. Since his teacher didn't do one of those this year, Jer just improvised & did it on his own!

My Mom's name is: "Chelsea"


I call her: "Mama"


She loves to eat: "burritos"


My favorite thing to do with my mom is: play cars, not "Cars" cars, just Cars.


My mom cooks the best: "My favoritest chicken of all"


Her favorite place to be is: "Taco Bell"


I make her laugh when: "I do the Buxton Expandable Organizer commercial" (its the funniest thing EVER...he has this whole infomercial memorized!!)


She makes me laugh when she says: "call 1800 make my milkshake" (my own made up infomercial)


She does not like it when: "I disturb her on quiet time" (that sure makes me sound mean!)


My mom loves to: "do chores"


My Mom looks the prettiest when she wears: "her pink dress"


I love her because: "She loves me"


She loves me because: "She's my mom"
I am so blessed by our 2 amazing boys. They are challenging, loving, funny, stubborn, demanding... and give me so much joy all at the same time. I remember a quote in church one time I heard,"Do your eyes light up when your husband or your children walk into a room?" It has always stuck with me, and I am so happy that I really do think it would be impossible for my eyes not to light up. I am so grateful for them.

11 comments:

Suni said...

First of all you look so pretty in that picture with your boys! I love the interview by Brayden, he had good answers....you should have heard Abby's! Oh and what do you do at weddings?

Jenna Lee said...

Yes... Chelsea what do you do at weddings??? How about be a slave over a stove for 4 hours, sounds like fun, how can I sign up for that?? And you are so lucky you didn't do it Monday night, I want to burn my catering clothes after this weekend! But you do look so cute in your dress, and I am liking the tan!! Hope your mothers day was a lot more relaxing than Friday and Sat!!

Tawny Antelman said...

Im glad i didnt work at any of those weddings this weekend i had a lot more fun watching braxaroo!
I like that kosty chose the zebra to ride we would get alone real good if he would give me a chance! haha maybe one day!!

Happy late mothers day!!
and yes the tan i agree, jealouse! You been hittin up the beds or laying out in the HOT sun?

Brooklyn said...

You do look tan! I'm so glad your mothers day was awsome! You are a great mother and wife, and deserve it all! Love the pics! I luv Bray's interview too :)

Brittney said...

cute post, and you look so beautiful in your orangeness with the boys, "you are so tan". just jokin, but you are. why is it considered a compliment when we are tan??? why does it make us look so much prettier? strange, but true. i need to tan! i called you a few times today, geeez i thought it would be easier to get you on your cell, but sure enough, nope, still impossible! it was fun getting together with you this weekend to visit maria and mom. rushed but fun. too bad about church, i am hoping when libby gets a little older scott might actually start the breakfast in bed tradition, but eh, i doubt that! at least you got to nap, 2.5 hours??? YIKES! i couldnt sleep that long, but wish i could! hey can you email me the pict i took of libby on the carousel? please and thank you. i voted for DC tonight... i know its davids to the end! but its gonna be a close one!

Chelsea said...

Suni~ My friend's mom owns a wedding catering/decorating/flowers business, so sometimes I get to help with whatever she needs!

Jenna~ I needed a facial. I think I got about 50 of them by the time I was done with all the hot steam in my face all night..its all good!

Britt~ I will call you. I just sent the pics. Seriously, I don't know why it is considered a good thing to have skin damage! thats all it is. If we could just figure a healthy way to get that bronzed look...someday! This older lady in church (picture Aunt Helen, she has the same personality!) had Frankenstein stitches all over her face, and I asked her what happened, and she stared at me with quite the long & acccusing look, and said, "Its SKIN CANCER! Sooner or later, its GONNA GET YOU!!" Eeeek! The scary part was she said she never laid out in her life! YOWZA. Oh, Archuleta all the way for me. He better win!

Swirls of Happy said...

I am totally laughing at the "favorite place to be is Taco Bell"! Too funny...I LOVE what goes on in their little heads :) Love all the pics, your Dress is adorable in that picture. Sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend! Oh to nap for 2.5 hours...I am jealous, hope Mother's Day was a good one! The boys get back today, yea! It was only one night but is seemed longer :)

Heidi said...

Cute post Chelsea.

Michelle Y. said...

So cute! I'm glad to hear you had a great Mother's day, you deserve it. I love that Jeremy did the interview, that is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Love the post. I am so glad to see that you finally made it back to ride the carousel. Very cute pics.

foreveryoung said...

Happy late Mother's day, I'm glad you enjoyed being a queen for the day! His interview is too cute and I didn't know that doing chores rated so high on your list of faves. It sounds like you spoke too soon when it comes to 8:00 church, 2:00 is even worse--yikes!