
I don't know what is wrong with me lately but as far as blogging goes, I feel like I am suffering writer's block. I used to feel totally overwhelmed by all of the stories and memories I wanted to record. I guess my kids need to step it up around here! They are slackin in blogworthiness :) but so am I. I try to throw something non-kid related in the mix every now & then just to prove to myself that perhaps I do have other thoughts than those about children, to see if there is anything else in that brain of mine... not really, I guess.
I also have been terrible about checking everyone else's blog. I promise I still love you all, even if I am not the best at commenting anymore! I know I need to sign up for that Google Reader everyone has told me about. It was a little confusing to me & I do believe you have to enter every single blog address that you want to check in on...bla. I will do it one of these days...

Today I took Kosty to the Dewper (Kid's show) at the mall. We had to hurry fast because I have to pick Brayden up at 11. The show started at 10. I know, I am terrible at time management, and for that, I blame my parents. Anyway, usually he is done with the show by 10:30 so we go on a Carousel ride & go pick up Bray. I have been so excited to take him since I heard that its a brand new 2 level Carousel. So we head up at the usual time to take our ride, and the lady told me they don't turn it on until 11. I pleaded. No luck. And anyway, where was the sweet old man that always works the Carousel!? Everything was changed. The worker, the Carousel itself, and the pricing! I couldn't believe my eyes that the token price has gone from $1 to $3! For one measly ride! Although the Carousel is free on Thursdays for kids from 11-1, but still!! We are talking tripling the price! Inflation is out of control these days. And who said anything was wrong with the last Carousel?! No one! it was perfect enough and so was $1 per token. What are they thinking?
Next, I have been totally obsessed with Food Blogs lately...I love them! I love good pictures of the food too, I wish I had one of those fancy cameras. For food and for kids of course.
Next, I have been working on my Blurb book but it is taking FOREVER..so my suggestion to you all is start NOW! Don't let it catch up to you!
Next, what were the rumors Ryan Seacrest said were flying around about Paula Abdul? She is a loopy one, but she has sort of grown on me & I like her anyway.

Next, I just finished "A New Earth" by Eckahart Tolle. Unless you've been hiding under a rock you have heard Oprah ranting and raving about it for way too long. A little overkill. I have to admit I have never read any of her Book Club books, but this time I was intrigued by everyone saying it will change your life & you will feel like you are waking from a dream, etc... I wouldn't say it has completely changed my life, but I did think it was great info and anyone WILL benefit from reading it. My overall take on the book is overcoming your own ego, being present, not holding grudges, not being offended, forgiving, being kind... generally living a more Christlike life. Did anyone else read this?

Next, I really want a Dyson for Mother's Day. Not gonna happen, but I'm just saying that I am really done with vacuums that just don't work that great. I hate going over the same spot 55 times before its clean. Grrr!
Next, this morning our neighbor came over at 6 am and rang our doorbell 3 times in a row. I jumped out of bed & was freaking out in my head about what could be wrong. I was thinking the worst. A crime, something happened to Brayden, somebody got hurt, etc. I opened the door and she starts going crazy about how our yard flooded over into theirs. I check out back & sure enough half the sprinklers were on. DANG!! Brayden had turned them on, and we totally forgot. Well we do have the most conservative, corporate, no kids, older neighbors on this street. They are usually really nice, but not today. I apologized & then Jer came out and apologized. The water was only like 3 feet into their side, just in their rocks. It was completely dry by this afternoon. Nevertheless, I want to avoid them for the next 10-50 years.
That's all for now, sorry if you were bored to tears! I'll work on livening things up!
I also have been terrible about checking everyone else's blog. I promise I still love you all, even if I am not the best at commenting anymore! I know I need to sign up for that Google Reader everyone has told me about. It was a little confusing to me & I do believe you have to enter every single blog address that you want to check in on...bla. I will do it one of these days...

Today I took Kosty to the Dewper (Kid's show) at the mall. We had to hurry fast because I have to pick Brayden up at 11. The show started at 10. I know, I am terrible at time management, and for that, I blame my parents. Anyway, usually he is done with the show by 10:30 so we go on a Carousel ride & go pick up Bray. I have been so excited to take him since I heard that its a brand new 2 level Carousel. So we head up at the usual time to take our ride, and the lady told me they don't turn it on until 11. I pleaded. No luck. And anyway, where was the sweet old man that always works the Carousel!? Everything was changed. The worker, the Carousel itself, and the pricing! I couldn't believe my eyes that the token price has gone from $1 to $3! For one measly ride! Although the Carousel is free on Thursdays for kids from 11-1, but still!! We are talking tripling the price! Inflation is out of control these days. And who said anything was wrong with the last Carousel?! No one! it was perfect enough and so was $1 per token. What are they thinking?
Next, I have been totally obsessed with Food Blogs lately...I love them! I love good pictures of the food too, I wish I had one of those fancy cameras. For food and for kids of course.
Next, I have been working on my Blurb book but it is taking FOREVER..so my suggestion to you all is start NOW! Don't let it catch up to you!
Next, what were the rumors Ryan Seacrest said were flying around about Paula Abdul? She is a loopy one, but she has sort of grown on me & I like her anyway.

Next, I just finished "A New Earth" by Eckahart Tolle. Unless you've been hiding under a rock you have heard Oprah ranting and raving about it for way too long. A little overkill. I have to admit I have never read any of her Book Club books, but this time I was intrigued by everyone saying it will change your life & you will feel like you are waking from a dream, etc... I wouldn't say it has completely changed my life, but I did think it was great info and anyone WILL benefit from reading it. My overall take on the book is overcoming your own ego, being present, not holding grudges, not being offended, forgiving, being kind... generally living a more Christlike life. Did anyone else read this?

Next, I really want a Dyson for Mother's Day. Not gonna happen, but I'm just saying that I am really done with vacuums that just don't work that great. I hate going over the same spot 55 times before its clean. Grrr!
Next, this morning our neighbor came over at 6 am and rang our doorbell 3 times in a row. I jumped out of bed & was freaking out in my head about what could be wrong. I was thinking the worst. A crime, something happened to Brayden, somebody got hurt, etc. I opened the door and she starts going crazy about how our yard flooded over into theirs. I check out back & sure enough half the sprinklers were on. DANG!! Brayden had turned them on, and we totally forgot. Well we do have the most conservative, corporate, no kids, older neighbors on this street. They are usually really nice, but not today. I apologized & then Jer came out and apologized. The water was only like 3 feet into their side, just in their rocks. It was completely dry by this afternoon. Nevertheless, I want to avoid them for the next 10-50 years.
That's all for now, sorry if you were bored to tears! I'll work on livening things up!

13 comments:
I liked it Chels! Thought from the mind of Mrs. Chelsea Figgins. That Dyson swiviles! I need that! And thanks for the invite yesterday!
I love reading your blog you are so creative!
cute post... dang you want a really intense vacummn but i agree i get sick of going over the same spot 50 times, and its even worse with LONG hair that sheds a lot and it NEVER EVER picks it up...
All I can blog about is my kids too. I haven't tried the swivle Dyson but my mom has a Dyson and I hate it. Maybe they have new and improved ones now...My mom's is so heavy and it is not as good as people think it is. Have you tried one? I am printing my blog book out next week. I am very excited about it and I can't wait to show it to all of our family while we are on vacation. The trick is to keep up with it!
I can relate....most of the time I just don't know what to blog about! You should get the dyson I love it and I got mine at Costco!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dyson. It is the dyson slim, so it is not heavy but works awesome. The swivel motion is the best. Very good investment
well.... hmmmmm....i too feel like unless libby has done something great, then i have nothing to post about either! i am also slacking on posting on others blogs lately.
its not just you, i think there is something going around. i would love a dyson, someday! betting that mothers day this year will be like the last, a great card! lol. i wish i could come with you to the duper show... is there anything fun to do on wednesdays? well, see you in about an hour! :)
Love my Dyson - All Floors 14, switches great from thick carpet to tile to wood. The one thing I've learned about them is their numbering system. You can find some for $300, but they may have a weaker motor like a 07. So watch for that. Have you ever checked overstock.com? I swear I saw the Ball 15 for $399 advertised there...might just get it after all if that is the case :)
There must be something in the air, I have been so not into blogging lately either. Thankfully Kylie had a b-day so that put an end to my blogging drought. Don't get me started on the vacuum, considering it is Monday. I had the same thought today as I couldn't vaccum up a stupid bead after 20 times. Yeah, I could have just picked the dang thing up, but I had to show the vacuum who was boss.
update already!
You very last sentence made he laugh, good luck avoiding the neighbors for 10-15. I'll be curious to see how that goes.
And no worries about being "blogged out" I have been the same way. I actually turned over a new leaf, and I am trying to NOT get on the computer during the day. Only at night.(Today is an exception) It has made my "one on one" time with my kids much better, and my time to blog hop much less.
Actually, I think this just might be my favorite post ever! I love the little chit chat and i think you have inspired me to do so myself. :)
And no I have not read that book but I really want to so that is something I need to get. I'm glad you liked it.
I can not believe they got a a new a carousel and I am so sad that the guy is gone. We really became friends with him. It's not the same without him there to wave to kale and make his funny faces. How sad... Good to know, I'll have to prep kale for the next time we go. If we get there...:)
Chelsea, I love all the random thoughts going through your head! I don't think I even have that many thoughts! :-) Just kidding, but I totally get you about the carousel at the mall. Where is the old man? Why did they put a stupid girl there that leaves 10 seats empty each time so we all have to wait longer in line? Glad you had a good mothers day too!
Post a Comment