Tuesday, May 27, 2008

not your typical day!

Last Thursday was such a strange day! I loved the stormy weather, and was so excited to see some hail! Brayden was amazed by it, Kosty didn't care too much. I would have never stressed about the beautiful weather...except that we were suppose to go to graduation for Jer's lil sister Cede. They set it up kinda similar to Stake Conference,it was broadcasted on tv's & you could watch it in any classroom, hall, gym. Blah.

We got a pretty quiet classroom & Bray was thrilled to sit in high school desks! I just couldn't help myself as I stared at him across the row, could this be a sneak peek into his future as a high school student?












excited at first... starting to get bored...










turning around & chatting with his neighbors












playing cell phone games or texting!











Hmmmm...maybe Kosty will surprise us all and be the obedient academic one!

After the "ceremony" we all waited for Cede, packed in like wet sardines underneath a 2ft wide awning, trying to escape the pouring down rain & freezing winds. We finally spotted her & then we all ran to our cars & got completely SOAKED feet & legs on the way. We just did some pictures at the Figgins home, so not your typical graduation. Then we went to Applebees, where my kids were way past bedtime & were falling asleep at the table.


















kosty enjoyed "stuptifying" everyone with his straw wand...
...and finding his favorite spot on Grandpa's lap & stealing some french fries!

7 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

Graduation was so different because of the weather, I felt so bad for the students not to experience the whole "running on the field" and stuff! ANyway,Those pics of Brayden are hillarious...a total glimpse into the future :) Love little Kosty, could he be any cuter??!!!

Jenna Lee said...

I love the picture of Brayden in his soccer outfit.... and what we went to Applebees after and ate too... So how the heck did we miss each other the entire night, I guess we are just not meant to be Chel. And maybe we just need to hook Jers sister and Trevor up so we can keep the fams together and going strong.... what a trip that would be, but a good one of course!!

Tawny Antelman said...

hahahha hooking cede and trevor up would be very interesting! DO IT DO IT... yeah okay i didnt see any hail im kinda jealouse actually?!?! haha and yes grad was RIDICULOUS, i must say i am SO happy mine was not like that.. it sucked!

Nichols Family said...

Those pics are so fun. And I just crack up everytime I see a post of Kosty with his wand. So, I was holding back the tears (partly b/c I was sad it was the last day of school and partly b/c the robot song was hilarious) at the K-steps presentation today! It was soooo cute. I wish I had my videocamera.

foreveryoung said...

I thought of Brayden during the torrential rainstorms and figured that he must have been pretty much in heaven! Your "back to the future" shots of your kids were hilarious and it's going to be here before we know it (sniff). And how did Cede's hair still look so dang cute and curled after all the pouring rain?

Anonymous said...

What's so scary to me, is that our babies are going to be sitting there in NO TIME! AuhHHH! I could hardly believe when Kindergarden came. I loved the pics . . . hilarious!

Brittney said...

cede is adorable. i love all the picts of the boys in the desks at highland! wow, what a glimps of the future! crummy you had to spend her graduation like that. thanks again for letting me borrow your stuff for bunko, it was a hit tonight!