First up: Easter Pageant. We were slightly hesitant to go due to a looong day & fighting crowds & trying to get a good seat on a Friday night. We decided to go based on the fact that I knew otherwise my kids would strictly connect Easter with bunnies & egg hunts.I am really glad we did. We had terrible seats, but Brayden was really into it & asked me a bazillion questions throughout. He was particularly concerned with the Crucifixion scene & wanted to be reassured that the actor who was playing Jesus, was not really getting whipped & nailed. When they mentioned Jesus healed the sick, Brayden said, "He healed the 10 lepers, and only one said thanks." I was grateful for the opportunity to answer his questions though & I could tell that after seeing it, he understands more about our Plan and the sacrifice Jesus made for us all. It always makes me so happy to see ALL kinds of people, members & non-members alike that come out to watch the Pageant. I know that there are a million other things that they could be doing instead. There were no protesters this year either, which was nice! Oh, afterwards the little Shepard boys brought out the baby lambs for us to pet. They were SO adorable, only 1 week old. The kids LOVED that part! After it was over, Kosty said, "we saw Jesus!"
Next up: Easter Egg Hunt #1
Our Primary had an Egg Hunt at the park.
(failed picture attempt #3-thanks Kosty!)
Next up: Easter Egg Hunt #2
Across the street there was another Easter celebration at the school there. This one had bounce houses, food, face painting, and pictures with the Bunny. It was VERY warm & we *sweated a lot. (*that can't be a word, but its the only one that makes sense at this moment.)
.. AND he sticks his fingers in his mouth when he gets nervous, which also makes for a superb photo!
for the love kid, can't you just SMILE?
Then he goes from eyes closed to one eye open! an improvement?
After the fancy face paintings were complete, we went home to dye Easter Eggs... Brayden was not so thrilled that Kosty dec
ided to inhale 4 of his beautifully decorated eggs...
my little sis & my big sis
my ADORABLE niece, Libby. I LOVE this picture of her!
THE END. I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

13 comments:
Ha, ha! Those Kosty pictures are hilarious! It reminds me so much of my Easter pictures last year, it's totally the age. But he is still pretty cute even with the buck teeth smile :) I'm glad you guys made it to the pageant. I'm feeling guilty (like I knew that I would) that we didn't go. And I totally thought of Kosty when we were coloring our eggs. I can't believe he downed 3 of those suckers. I still have all of ours in the fridge that I can donate to the cause. Glad you had a fun Easter!
good post. cracked me UP! i love all your PROOF he does NOT take a good picture, i think you convinced us!
where is the family pict of erika holding him hostage?? lol~ good times. um, could you have picked a better pict of me at least? oh, sorry, i know you hate it when i am picky about PICTURES OF ME! well, at least you and teffie ree are beauti-mus! can you email me the pict of libby sue? thanks.
Thats so funny about Koston! Lots of egg hunts too! The funny thing is kids never get sick of them. Easter is a great holiday. I called you back about the kids together, I even left a message. Oh well, It was just busy. Glad you had a good weekend.
Looks like you guys had a TON of fun for Easter!!! Love all the pics, and your Bangs...can't get over them :) Kosty is adorable, un-photogenic or not!
yeah britt, I need you to post so I can steal the family pic from your blog...I was NOT about to bombard poor Nikki with yet another CAMERA in the pure chaos!! Poor girl! & that is the only one I have of the 3 of us too :)
What a fun Easter! They are so cute! I too went to the Easter Pageant and it was fantastic! I still have to post last week and I know it might take a while! I am so glad you got to take some good pics of your boys even though Kosty had a hard time. I was not so lucky! Oh well!
First, I am jealous of your bangs. They look great on you! You are very brave to take your kids to the pageant. I haven't even attempted that one!:)
oh man i cant stop laughing at that picture of brayden holding kosty's face still for the picture! SO SO SO funny! love all the pictures!
k RANDOM song on your play list???!!! JOSIAH? thanks for sending me libbys pict, and i will get an easter post up soon, been POOPED this week!
Based on what you said about the Easter pageant, I am even more bummed that we didn't go to than I was to begin with. It just didn't work out due to my lack of effort in MAKING it work. (the whole 10 month baby thing is what did it really). ANYHOW, it looks like you had a good weekend and the pics were great!
That is funny about Kosty I think all kids go through a stage of not knowing what to do when their picture is taken (did you see my girls Easter pictures when they are all dressed up....ahhh!) He is still stinkin cute! Looks like you had a fun Easter! I love your hair it looks really good!
hey i have that yellow shirt you're wearing. forever is the place to go. even tho i haven't been there in like 2 months! seriously. love the family pics..and kosty and bray..i wanna babysit STAT!
Ok.....well I am sorry I haven't posted a comment to you yet, this is just all happening so fast, one day I am a normal person going to visit my dear friend and the next thing I know I am a blogger trying to keep up with people and there post. But thanks again for my beautiful new blog, now I can be cool too!! And I am so glad that Kosty is finally not growling at me anymore.. And funny last night I was thinking to myself I am always going to spell things wrong on my blog since I am the worlds worst speller but hey I have you to correct me!!
Post a Comment