Then we went to Panda Express, why you ask? Trust me, I hadn't eaten there in about 7 years, & now I remember why. Sorry if any of you are Panda Fans, skip this part. Brayden has been asking about chopsticks lately & has been dying to try them out. I told him the Panda place has them...so I figured no biggie, they will eat the rice and noodles. Well after 2 bites, they were both done & wanted to try an egg roll. Lets just say after looking inside of one, I HAD it. Filled with slimy dark meat chicken. And I witnessed the cook dumping slimy nasty chicken in the fryers too, ewww. A waste of money, but at least they will know they were not missing out on the "Panda Place" now!
Oh, another thing Brayden has been wanting to try: banana splits. So, that night, we made pizza & watched "Surf's Up." I made banana splits for everyone & when I gave Brayden his, he said, "Uh, Mama. This has bananas in it. I don't want bananas in it." Hmmmm. What did he think was in a banana split anyway!? Who knows...
Jer--ham and cheese on a SUB roll, no mayo or mustard + salt & pepper
Kosty--hard-boiled egg (won't eat sandwiches! grrr) + banana + juice box + fruit snacks
Brayden--Ham sandwich on reg. wheat bread w/ mayo, no cheese + juice box + apple + fruit snacks
Me--egg salad sandwich (I know some of you are gagging) and that's it! Notice Jer and I got only the bare minimum. No time to waste on us. So typical, right?

12 comments:
I am dying at the "sugar and Spice"! Seriously, where do kids even come up with this stuff... got to love the imagination!!! Sounds like a fun Friday and Saturday, I have been wanting to see "Surf's Up", is it good?! You know that I totally gagged when I read:
A) Panda
B) Egg Salad
but just to keep it even... I know you will gag when I tell you I am eating a Tuna sandwich as we speak! HEHEHE
Anyway, glad you guys had a great weekend! Cute pics :)
Chels,
did you happen to get the egg sandwhich from my side of the family, cuz i dont know anyone who knows what it is or eats an egg sandwhich besides my family.. haha
but ill vouge for you they are GOOD!!!!!
haha Tawny..actually NO, my mom raised me on Egg Salad sandwiches, but I do know that you guys were the only ones I knew who ate Tomater Sandwiches, which I thought was very strange, although pretty good :)
WOW! Too much to comment on! i love it all, and i will comment later, i am running out the door for work:( yes its 6:10 am.
Okay, First off, I have to first tell you that Nayvi has a friend over right now and they both came over to me as I was reading your post and they both pointed to Brayden and said, "WHO IS THAT?!" I said. "That is Brayden." Nayvi then said, "Do I know him because I REALLY want to." AUHHhhHHH, can you believe that? At four years old? What the heck?
Secondly, I know that I said this before, but I can't help but mention that you are such a wonderful mother to expose your kid's to what they have been so curious about! (While making it fun and being a good sport all at the same time)! Kudos to you!
P.S. I responded to your comment!
hmmm, it looks like Brayden is trying to brew up a little girl for your family, too cute! I can not get enough of this weather lately it is too perfect and I'm glad you're taking full advantage before it gets too hot! Okay, I think I am seriously going to make an egg salad sandwich right now for the first time, wish me luck!
We took the kids to see "surf's up" in the theater and we all loved it! It is such a cute show. The weather is beautiful. Gotta love spring.
well you know i love egg salad... nothing yummier than egg salad and ruffles with ridges with some chocolate milk! delish.
how funny kosty doesnt like sandwiches! what a menu you have to prepare for a picnic! i am jealous you are getting out to enjoy the weather, i cant wait to do it myself.
panda is deicious dont care what you say, you gotta get the chicken with mushrooms, and zuchini. its the best thing on the menu.
egg rolls are not my fav.
thats cute he gets shy when you come to his class room, he is so cute! love that you got to read a story to his class. were you animated?!
his banana split story cracked me up so much that i had to tell people at work today, they cracked up too.
cute that he was stirring up some sugar and spice:) gotta love his imagination!
He is soo funny! very clever!
And you are one awesome mommy. heck girl, you amaze me making all those different things for lunch! My poor kids got warmed up chicken nuggets on our last picnic :) and I think a few sips out of the water bottle! Ha!
Sounds like you had a fun time!
Dear Britt,
I hope I was animated enough! I tried :)
and...don't care what YOU say, if you saw what I saw, I bet you a zillion dollars you wouldn't eat at Panda ever again! gross, gross, and gross. But I know how stubborn you are, so go ahead & keep eating that dark meat, slimy, curly, nasty chicken. I wish you the best :)
What a good momma you are! I can agree with ya on Panda's. Justin calls it "rubber food"
Oh, you are sooo right about panda = I ate their once and I can't even think about my experience. Joe still asks to go there sometimes, and all I have to do is give him "the look"! :-)
I am loving this weather too - I'm getting nervous for our 7 month heat wave! Why can't it stay like this forever?
Post a Comment