Thursday, February 7, 2008

skateboard lessons from my boy

Everytime we're out front, Brayden "coaches" me on how to skateboard. I've mentioned before how much he gets a kick out of things I can't do or am scared of...and he eats this up! I am terrified of going over the hump on the driveway & no matter how many times I try, I always jump off at the last second. Grr! He cracks up & he can't believe I am more scared than he is. But he is so insistant on me learning, & he never stops trying. SAD that my 5 year old has more guts than I do. I am almost envious of his fearless attitude! He does it with no qualms..I almost have a panic attack. I can't believe he hasn't given up on me yet. I love his encouragement, he is so adorable. There is no other coach I'd rather have!



18 comments:

Brittney said...

what an awesome teacher! i cant believe he wont let you fall! how cute is that?! now, i bet if you go over that hump without jumping off, he will be so PROUD of his "big mama"(not sure about the big part). i know i am scared of any moving things on my feet, i am so uncoordinated! skateboard, rollerblades, rollerskates, you name it? i cant do it!

Swirls of Happy said...

Well don't you look like the most Fashionable and cutest Sk8tr around town!!!! That was such a funny video, Brayden cracks me up...I can't believe he can Skateboard at 5 years old, Way to Go!

Brooklyn said...

"Mamma I WONT let you fall"! So sweet. Boys are the best!!!!

Brooklyn said...

Ps, Bo has tried SOOOOO many times to get me to skateboard, and same thing, the second I start rolling I SCREAM!

Tawny Antelman said...

haha your funny.
braydens a little dare devil you better be careful! haha
and you seem like the person that can skateboard, practice a little more come on now!!

Tawny Antelman said...

haha your funny.
braydens a little dare devil you better be careful! haha
and you seem like the person that can skateboard, practice a little more come on now!!

Michelle Y. said...

What a sweet and protective son you have. That is amazing that Brayden can skateboard so well at such a young age, it must be genetics (Jeremy's of course :))

Heidi Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! He is such a stud. Be very worried for the teenage years.

Angie Whitman said...

I would be scared, too. But, I'm kind of accident prone.:) hey, so the other night I was with one of my good friends and we were talking about photographers. Kristyn is in her Ward and she says out of the blue..."Did you see those ones she did of the cutest little boys on the skateboard? Amy and I both were saying how much we loved them." Do you feel like a celebrity now??:) I proudly told her that I KNOW you. haha

foreveryoung said...

Oh that is so cute! Can you believe that's your baby out there teaching YOU?! Who gave these kids permission to grow up so fast??

Nicole said...

ok, now we need to see a video of you going down the driveway!

My Loves said...

That is so funny! I wish I had the guts of that fearless kid. What a stud muffin. And what the heck...big mama my rear end!!! You are the complete opposite of a big mama! That was so cute, Chelsea!

Sheba Price said...

So cute Chels! You have a knight in shining armor! I have to say you look really good on a board! I love the video feature too!

Crystal said...

He is so funny! I'm with you on falling, though, I'm a big chicken!

Sheba Price said...

Happy Valentine's Day Chels!

Alisa Larson said...

Dang girl - do you always look so cute during the day w/your kids? Your a good mom to even try. One day I saw my neighbor (a male, no less) try and skateboard, and he wiped out right in front of me. Boy was his face red! Are you guys ready for Saturday night? I still need to find a sitter! Yikes!

Melissa Stadler said...

Look like dang cute you are on the skateboard! I just love that you will try Chelsea and one of these days, you will be a pro.

Katrina said...

At least you try! Brayden looks like an old pro!