Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a man

Peeee-you...I am gagging from the odor as I type. You may remember around October, Brayden insisted on spending his birthday money on a pet fish. Well we ended up with 3 because the bowl was pretty big & he didn't want them to be lonely. No biggie, since I was thinking in my head that they will all die in the next 3 weeks, right? Well true for 2 of them. Mario and Wario Quickly passed. But as for Luigi, that stubborn little-life-loving fish is still hanging on tight with no sign of slowing down. Unfortunately. I know I'm terrible but honestly Brayden was "over it" as I knew he would be after 2 weeks. He is not capable of cleaning the fish bowl out himself every week, so Jer and I made a pact...to each take a turn every other week. Well I dropped out after week 2. The smell is by far the most putrid I have ever experienced. It literally fumigates the entire left side of the house for about an hour, post cleaning. It smells like you literally fell into a sewer hole. I told him that I was sorry for breaking our pact, but he had to understand that it was too much for me to handle! Thanks for taking one for the team Jer! I'm sure Luigi thanks you too.

Next up.. this week both my kids got the stomach flu. There were many times when I thought to myself, what on Earth would I do if I were a single mom or had a not so nice husband? There is no way I would've survived. After each throw up/diarrea explosion, and there were MANY, I would take the kid & clean them while Jer cleaned up the horror. I don't know how he did. Again, the smell/view was enough to make me throw up myself. And we are talking about 3,4, 5 in the morning. I seriously wondered, if I were alone, is there a person/company you can hire to clean up grossness that you really seriously CANNOT!? Because I really, truly promise I could not. I won't get into the details, but I know most of you have been through it a time or two. I have no problem cleaning up the child & throwing stuff in the washer, but come on cleaning it out of the carpet & getting rid of the stuff that can't go in the washer, that's where I am worthless. Now here is the aftermath..the infamous Mount Rushmore. Which is not including 2 more loads that are still in the laundry room! Jer is always kind enough to help me fold the laundry. Thank heavens since every single towel, sheet, pillowcase, clothing, and bath mat is in that pile from the week we've had. Who wants to come help? :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man Chelsea! That has got to be one of the worst things to deal with as mom, let alone a sick mom. AND in the middle of the night? Ugh, that's where the patience run's dry.
I always stop and count my blessings when Dustin comes through for me because I am sure that there are a lot of men out there who are completely helpless in "our" times of need. Kudos to him!

Swirls of Happy said...

Chels, I am SOOO SORRY you had the week from He**...that is crazy! Sick kids are the worst, and the aftermath is always just as bad! Go Jer...he is such a good guy, you scored lady! Glad ya'll are feeling better, see ya Thursday :)

foreveryoung said...

You definately have quite the catch! I understand sacrificing for the kids sake, but he even goes above and beyond for the fish! I'm so sorry you've had the never ending week of sickness! I hope you're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Is Kosty up for a playdate tomorrow? I have a feeling you could use a break!

MommyRohner said...

It's the WORST to have kids throwing up and pooping everywhere. Thank the heavens above for WONDERFUL husbands that don't have such a sensitive gag reflex. I guess we could say that since we push out the babies it evens things out a bit that they clean up the aftermath of kids with the flu.

Alisa Larson said...

Oh, I feel so bad for you. I hate when kids are sick. I'm usually so busy comforting the sick, aching child that I "allow" my sweety pie hubby to deal with the cleanup too. Too gross!

Shanen said...

We should all be grateful for husbands who seen so willing to help out in thouse situations. I am so sorry your kids have been sick. Hopefully they are on the mend now and you can all get out and enjoy the nice weather.

Brooklyn said...

Oh sure Chels, spare the details on the blog, but not for Brooke oh no! I get the "Chocolate milkshake" visual along with every detail of the regurgitation!!!! Go Jeremy! What a man, what a man, what a man, what a man mighty good man... a might mighty good Maaan!

Brooklyn said...

And ps, I agree with your friend mommy rohner, becasue Bo got to stick me with needles every 5 days, while on bed rest with Ky, so cleaning up body liquids definetly evens things out!

Sheba Price said...

Okay we had a fish once and yes they are the most stinky things in the world! Except I was in charge every week to clean the bowl! UGG! I am so sorry to hear that the flu bug came to your house too! I hope all is well and what a good husband that will clean and fold! Russ won't even touch puke! My job. Oh well!

Glazier5 said...

So sorry to hear you guys have had a bad bug...hope everyone is doing better! I laughed hearing your fish story because it sounds so much like our lovely frogs that just keep on livin'! Nate went out of town last week and they stunk soooo bad that I had to force myself to change their water twice because I decided it was worse to smell them than change them. Talk about throwing up! Is it bad to pray for your pets to die?

Heidi said...

My kids ONLY barf at night while I trip through the house in the dark grabbing anything on the way that might be used to catch it. Last time the stomach flu went through our family I got smart. I lined big bowls with 5-6 Walmart sacks and had them right next to everyone's bed so I could just throw away the sack o' barf and wait for the next round. So sorry you had to have that going on at your house.

Chelsea said...

Heidi....1 word for you..GENIOUS! Why didn't I think of that!?

Lynsi said...

The barfy nights are the WORST! We just went through that! I ended up taking everything outside and hosing it all off before the washer cycle... I'm sure neighbors wondered, because yeah, of coarse it's middle of the night! Hope you are all feeling better!

Michelle Y. said...

There is nothing worse than the flu and cleaning it up. It seems like every time Tanner gets the flu he manages to only throw up in OUR bed. That is sick and wrong! My hubby is so good to help out with all of those grose things too. Thank goodness. I hope Brayden feels better so we can get our boys together soon.

Brittney said...

LOL!!!!! check your last post, i left you a long one about your love post.
um... as far as jer goes, he deserves the husband of the year award for cleaning not only luigi's yucky PUTRID (LOL, funny word) fish water, but for cleaning the sickness from your kids. you are a lucky girl, and um, i will not be avail to help sorry! got my own sick kiddo.

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh I am the same way. I start gaging when my kids puke. My husband is nice too and does all the cleaning up. I hope you guys feel better soon.

Crystal Caldwell said...

you are so sweet. i just looked at your post about your hair. I'm sorry you had to go thru that.Dummies. I 'm back. Oh and Ithink i have a pan of yours.. Sorry i'll get it back to you.