Wednesday, February 27, 2008

he's got it bad...

Today Brayden devulged his deepest, darkest secret to his friend at the park, as they were making wishes by throwing rocks into the sewer hole...they both came running up & she told me, "Brayden said he loves Mikayla!" During the confession, Brayden was yelling & doing everything he could to get her to not spill his beans. Well once the word was out, he went a little ballistic. A lot ballistic. I would like to call it rage. Instant tears streamed down his cheeks, screaming, clinched fists, veins popping out of his neck & all. It was quite embarrassing for me that he was so embarrassed! I have never seen him react so out of control!

When I tucked him into bed just now, I told him that its OK that he likes Mikayla, I like her too, she is a sweet girl. Lots of boys & girls "like" each other. I told him he wont be embarrassed about it when he is about 25 & ready (allowed) to get married. He said, "I can't marry Mikayla because she is bigger than me though. She's 8 & I'm only 5." I told him not to worry about it for now but sometimes a girl is older than the boy when they get married. I told him again, he can tell me anything & I don't want him to feel that embarrassed like that again. He said, "But Mama, that is the 'syest,' most embarrassed 'fing' in my whole life & earth!" Oh the turmoil, what am I in for...he's not even in Kindergarden yet.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...so cute! I can't believe that he is actually old enough to have a crush! Adorable. And I loved looking through all your posts! (Sorry I've been super lazy.) I love the picture of kosty's butt crack! Hilarious!
Cute Kids!

Brooklyn said...

Oh! Of course it's only natural (I kissed my first boy in preschool)to have young love. At least she is a good girl you aprove of (J/K). Isn't it funny the emotions they experience. Oh to be young and in love again...

foreveryoung said...

Sorry again that my child was the instigator of his "'syest,' most embarrassed 'fing' in his whole life & earth!" Poor kid! I think she was just a little jealous, I don't blame her--I told you, she gets first dibs on Brayden! :)

Chelsea said...

No Jamie, I felt terrible you had guys had to witness "the dragon" as he called it later, YIKES. Between bullying Jayden & turning into the dragon, I will understand if you guys never hang with us again! So sorry!

Brittney said...

LOL!!!
thats so funny, I remember when ALLEN WEEKS teased me about liking a boy when i was young and i got SO MAD at him! lol, dont know why kids get so defensive and dont want people to know they "like" someone, but its normal. i could only imagine his reaction to it all. poor guy, he was embarrassed.

Swirls of Happy said...

This is hillarious!!!! What a cutie pie, his first crush...how sweet :)

Tawny Antelman said...

haha hey now, tell brayden i am sad with him, im suppose to be who hes in LOVE with and his only girlfriend, i am jealouse he has other girlfriends he likes now...
:(

Suni said...

Oh what he said was just too dang cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Ive been playing catchup on your blog and I love your LOVES, tackying up the walls is something I gave into a long time ago, but still has me second guessing my judgement, they do love their own personal touch though.

Im with you on the whole fish thing too, our puppy has been cleaner and less of a hassle than the fish!

Alisa Larson said...

That is hiliarious! It's funny he even knows to be embarassed. He must really like her. How sweet!

Alisa Larson said...

That is hiliarious! It's funny he even knows to be embarassed. He must really like her. How sweet!