Sunday, February 3, 2008
I guess my age is starting to show!
So Brayden & I were looking through his "Friend" magazine & in it was a kid friendly 'Plan of Salvation' that you can cut out the shapes & place everything in order. Anyways, I was telling him about Earth life, we all die someday & then live again. He was concerned exactly "when" we die. He wanted an exact age! Its so hard to explain these things but that magazine helps SO MUCH! I told him he would be really, really old, like 100ish (he better be!) then he said, "I want to meet Jesus so I can get his autograph!" and he asked if his Grandpa was one of the really old people, sad. Jer's dad is actually the youngest of all the Grandpas but he has been sick for years & Brayden notices. Anyways, I told him, "No, Grandpa is not very old at all, he doesn't even have grey or white hair yet!" (how to put it in kid terms?!!) and he said, "Oh, well you are getting really old, because your hair is almost white, huh?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Gotta love their sweet & innocent BLUNTNESS! We were in the MAC store the other night and employee . . . (clearly GAY), was helping Nayvi work a "pink" display I-Pod. She was looking at him puzzled when she finally asked him, "Why are you wearing lipstick? Aren't you a boy?" (AuHhHh!)
I should have specified on the MAC part. I meant to say the Apple store. (MAC sounds more like "Mac make-up"). That would have made a heck of a lot more sense if that were the case. But no . . . it was a computer store.
(Also I meant to add "an" before the work employee! I HATE WHEN I MAKE THOSE MISTAKES!)
That boy doesn't appreciate a good $100 weave job when he sees it! :) Kylie thinks that people are only allowed to die when they're 100 yrs old, so she was a bit baffled why Pres. Hinckley couldn't hold out a couple more years.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRACKING UP, TOO FUNNY~ he is such a smart one! LOLOL~ cant get over it. thats a FUNNY story! I love you trying to explain OLD. Good job mama... and yes, you are on to me! whenever I hear a great commercial song, I always google it! :) you are a clever girl!
its not really 4:38, its 5:38, but its still TOO freakin early!
Thats so funny! Jer asked me the same thing the other day in the car. He wanted to know the exact age when we die... I said the same thing, "like 100"! Gotta love those teachings tools. Jer loves magazines as well. If your old with your "low lights" then I'm REALLY old with my "white" hair!
How funny...its true you have to love kids bluntness! Even though sometimes I have thought ouch that was kinda harsh...coming from a 4 year old!!
hahahahahaha! That made me laugh, brayden is a funny character. I quess your too old, almost a grandma? ha
Oh my, I don't want to ever have that conversation with my kids. I tried to tell her about the Prophet, but she really doesn't even know who he was, so the whole "he went to heaven" thing didn't make a bit of sense. I'm glad! Oh, and you don't look old one little bit!
That is hillarious!!!! Got to love the Platinum Blonde, and I agree with Brooke, at least you have the low lights...am I like 200 years old then??!!!
hahahha...funny story!
That is so funny. I told Trevor people die around 100 too and then awhile later it was my grandpa's
80th b-day and Trevor said to him that he was going to die soon because he was almost 100...akward!
Nah, I'm sure your the kind of mommy that Brayden wants to "marry". I think its so cute when little boys say stuff like that. And if your old, then I'm getting really old...30 next month!:(
That is so stinkin funny!!!! I love it. And I am also loving that my baby boy isn't the only one that gets called a girl. What do ya do? I agree, the hair must stay!!
Post a Comment