Monday, January 28, 2008

Reunited at last...

I know this is the millionth post you have seen about the passing of our prophet...but I really want/need it in my journal, sorry but here's another. When I heard the news I definitely felt that empty pit in the bottom of my stomach. But it was very brief, as I started thinking about him reuniting with his sweet wife. I can only imagine what a beautiful and whole feeling that would be. Anyone who has heard him speak could just feel of his incredible love for Marjorie. How hard it must have been on him when she passed.

Gordon B. Hinckley has been prophet most of my life. My testimony has never been one of those that just dawned on me in one particular instant. Much of my life after my parents divorced, when I needed it the most, we were not active. But as time went on and my testimony started to grow, the fact that the LDS church is the only church on the earth today with a Prophet that receives revelation from our Lord...was all I needed to know. I honestly cannot think of anything more comforting in these troubled times. The fact that we will always be guided by a Prophet of the Lord, comforts me beyond words can express. That just "clicked" with me along with everything else about the gospel, and slowly but surely my testimony became one of my own... one I was sure of, proud of & grateful for. It just makes sense. I feel so blessed to have heard his words at Conferences for all these many years. He truly was called of God, and I often wondered to myself, how anyone & everyone who came in contact with him could possibly NOT know it, or feel it. It was evident through and through. He truly radiated pure goodness. What a charming, witty, righteous, and humble man he was. He amazed me & I feel blessed to have known Gordon B. Hinckley as my prophet.

Vonda, (Bishop's wife) had this quote on her blog & I had to borrow it, since it gave me the biggest chills I've ever had & still does...

"You were generals in the war of Heaven, and one day when you are in the Spirit World, you will be enthralled by those you are associated with. You will ask someone in which time period they lived and you might hear, 'I was with Moses when he parted the Red Sea,' or 'I helped build the pyramids,' or 'I fought with Captain Moroni.' And as you are standing there in amazement, someone will turn to you and ask you which of the Prophets' time you lived in. And when you say, 'Gordon B. Hinckley,' a hush will fall over every hall and corridor of Heaven, and all in attendance will bow at your presence. YOU were held back six thousand years because YOU were the most talented, most obedient, most courageous, and most righteous."

--Elder Boyd K. Packer

9 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Wow Chels. That quote is amazing. I have tears welding up as I type. Such a great post, and beautifully written. He truley was a true prophet sent from our lord.

sandy said...

yes.... that is also one of my all time favorite quotes, I remember I used that in an RS lesson one time... amazing

sandy said...

ps... this is jenna, I am logged in as my mom I guess!!

Michelle Y. said...

I love the picture of President Hinckley and his wife. He will be greatly missed but I am so glad he is with his wife, it seems like he was never the same without her.

Bekah: said...

what an amazing quote. thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. Thanks for the post. I felt the same way. I am too sad for the loss of him but, I am so happy for him to be with his wife again.

Anonymous said...

K- I forgot to tell you how much I love that quote. Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Swirls of Happy said...

What a wonderful quote and post, thank you! It is so true, what a sweet thing it is to be reunited with his wife, his "babushka" as he called her :)

foreveryoung said...

I love that picture of the two of them, you can totally sense how twitterpated they still were! What a touching tribute to such an amazing man.