
All I can think of when I see that face is POOR BABY!
Every mom knows when your kid gets
"the look" they are really sick. The life is literally sucked out of their eyes! He started with a cough on Friday and it got worse & then he got a high fever that even Tylenol didn't budge. He was so cute though when he would say, "I siiiiick..... I cough" in the saddest little voice. He was up from 12-5:30ish AM on Friday night, then Saturday he couldn't take a nap & when I gave him a bath at 5:30 that evening, he literally fell asleep in it, sitting up. Saddest thing. Then when I got him out, he said, "I cowd...I freezine.." then he didn't sleep again that night. It was heartbreaking because HE wanted to sleep so desperately, but in between hacking, he just couldn't get there. He just kept saying, "crib" over & over. I tried Vicks, Dimetapp, humidifier & constant breathing treatments. To no avail. The good news is I got much"froggying" (snuggling) time with him, I was in seventh heaven. Luckily, on Sunday his fever went down & he took a 5.5 hour nap! I think things are on the mend..I
really hope so. It was all a very horrifying wake up call, that I am not ready for another baby! I NEED SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

Onto better things. Brayden gave me this cute card that he made out of the blue. It says something like, "Dear Mama, I hope you have a good Valentine's Day on Valentine's." I am so proud of him that he is starting to really write & sound things out! I got him some Valentines for his class at the grocery store. He was so eager to get started. As I watched him today, I knew I should journal it because I want him to know one day how adorable & special it was watching him carefully select each card for each particular kid in his class. He would say things like, "Riley likes Superman & Spiderman but maybe he will like this Incredibles one." "Mama, which one is better for girls? Nemo, or Ratatouille?" He was so thoughtful in trying to match appropriate Valentines for each of his little classmates. It was one of those moments that I just sat & stared, wanting to literally
freeze time. I got so sad to think I would not remember that exact moment someday. Oh great here come the tears again. His precious little hands, his sweet disposition, his eagerness to please, and his ability

to be so excited over the small things in life. He gets so happy over lists, calendars & chore charts. I'm not kidding, but I LOVE that. He was THRILLED to get those done & would not wait another minute...I know Valentine's Day is still a month away. I don't know why I keep getting so emotional whenever I jot these things down.
I just love him so much.Lately I have been so impressed by his example & obedience & faith. He has been getting down on his knees to pray, multiple & random times throughout the day. He prayed "for mama to have a good lunch day with Nana, and for me to have fun fishing with Dada." He is the first to pray when he (or I) lose something or if Jer has a headache or when Kosty was sick. Last night he accidentally took a sip from a cup that Kosty had drank from & when we told him, he immediately got down on his knees & prayed that he wouldn't get sick. In front of his Aunt & Uncle too. We are reading in the Book of Mormon stories (pictures with every verse!) & he always says he wants to be like Nephi. We explained about the iron rod in the picture & he noticed the people in the distance, not holding on, & he said, "I want to hold onto the rod." Last night we were talking and he asked me how much money he had in his piggy bank. I told him around 7 dollars. Then he said, "What is your most favorite thing ever from the store that you really, really want in your whole life?" I said, "hmmm. I'm not sure, why?" and he said, "I can't tell you..." He has been requesting a chore chart with allowance, and he said, "can you please make a chart with pictures & coins. Like if I clean my room I get one penny." I told he would get more than a penny but I would have to think about a good system for all the little chores & allowance, and that I better get a lot of change too. He said, "Well if you don't have any monies to give me than you can just use some of mine."
p.s. If anyone has any good allowance system, let me know, I really don't know the best way to do it.
5 comments:
wow, even i was getting teary eyed at this story! first of all poor kosty, and so glad he is better. but secondly, brayden is so amazing. i love how his little brain is ALWAYS thinking.... he is so observant, and smart! i think difficult little kosty has shown brayden to make life a little easier on his momma... i love those boys.
Oh, my goodness . . . I don't know where to start. I feel like I can completely relate to both posts SOOOOO much. First, off . . . what an angel you have! He reminds me so much of Bryton because he seems to ALWAYS be concerned about someone else, he's usually trying to do the right thing, etc. I don't want to give too much sudden advice on this, but I feel like a have a few great tip's. I know how you feel with the Kosty situation. Dustin and I took Love and Logic classes with Keri Maughan a few years back (have you heard of her?) Well, she is absolutely wonderful and helped us so much with our defiant little Nayvi. I feel like I could go on and on about her right here, but if you really want to know more, feel free to e-mail me! Also, I have had so much success with my kid's chore charts. I didn't make them, but found a lady on e-bay who makes them. (They are just laminated card stock with a dry erase marker. The child's name is at the top and then a list of chores charted for a weeks worth. Make sense? If I had only known how easy they'd be . . . o-well!) Anyhow, we do a quarter (A.K.A. star or smiley face) for each chore whether it be making their bed, brushing their teeth, helping with the trash, etc. Again, e-mail me if you want to know more. Holy smokes! I don't think that I have ever postde such a long comment . . . EVER!
He really is such an angel. I am so amazed how obedient he is. It seems like most children start picking up an attitude when they get into school and they learn bad habits from other children. You are so lucky that he hasn't picked up on that. Children are born with their little personalities I am sure he will always be that way. That is so funny/sad about Brayden saying he is Nephi and Kosty is Lemuel...well at least he knows his scriptures :)
Oh that picture! It is the best/worst sick picture that I've ever seen, talk about a heart breaker! And speaking of heart breakers...that Brayden, man, you've got a keeper. It's so funny after reading that post about Koston, to see the differences in your boys. They are both sweet in their own little ways, and I'm always amazed at how "in tune" that Brayden is. What a sweetheart!
better enjoy that brayden wants a chore chart and enjoys that because i dont think kosty will ever ask u for a chore chart or enjoy doing them.. haha
Post a Comment