Sunday, November 11, 2007
R.I.P. Wario...
What the heck is the deal with the short life span of goldfish anyways! Yup, Brayden's brand new goldfish already decided he was ready for the after-life. Cop-out! We found him floating a couple nights ago. Brayden didn't even seem sad at all. The next day he asked me where the dead body was and I told him Daddy had to flush it because he was dead. He looked at me with a disturbed & angry look & yelled, "BUT HE'S SUPPOSED TO GO TO HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!" Poor Bray, he acted like we robbed poor Wario of his chance to meet his Maker. So then I had to explain all about bodies & spirits, I explained to the best of my ability that we all have bodies but once they don't work anymore & die, our spirit goes to heaven & the body is left behind. He asked a few more questions, but overall I think it made perfect sense to him.
This whole conversation I was having with him rang a bell for me. When I was little, maybe 6ish, we had 2 hamsters named Chip & Dale. (Britt, memory lane?) Well anyways, one or maybe it was both that died, and my sister and brother were crying & I remember so clearly my Dad pulling me aside, and asked me why I wasn't crying. I remember telling him that I knew they went to Heaven. Random I know, funny how certain things bring you back & trigger your memories. It was all sounding so familiar when I was talking with Brayden. Anyways... Mario & Luigi are still going on strong so we'll see how long they last!
My mom came down this weekend & I spent the day with her on Saturday. We went to lunch at Carraba's & went to check out the new mall. Not sure how much I like the outdoors part of it! Well especially since we were still sweating in mid November! Today Brayden had his Primary Program at 8 am. I was absolutely dreading this new time, especially since we had to be up by 6:15 to get there early. It was cold and dark. Yuck. Jeremy's Mom and sis & bro came to watch. How sweet of them, especially (for teenagers) to sacrifice sleeping in for Brayden! Then he had to give the talk in Primary, busy day. It was about being thankful for blessings. He did a great job, I love how he doesn't get nervous at all. Lucky! Then we had Brunch at our house with Jers family. I have to admit I loved having the rest of the day left. It felt like the day lasted so much longer. Later after naps, we went to Jer's parents house so Jer & their home teacher could give his Dad a blessing. As many of you know, Jer's dad has been sick for about 8 years. He is an excellent example through it all, and I don't think I have ever heard him complain. Anyways, he is getting surgery tomorrow morning for a replacement shunt. And we are hoping & praying it will improve his health. He is a trooper. I love so many things about the gospel, but I especially love how it is designed so that we are all taken care of by Visiting Teachers and Home Teachers. And of course for the power of blessings. After the Blessing, Brayden said, "ok, my turn!" They do have an incredible Home Teacher.
Last but not least, I am constantly trying to switch up Kosty's bedtime lullabies, so he will stay interested/distracted! Anyways, his favorite as of now is "I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me." (click on the link). For the life of me I could not remember the end of the song, I was making up different words every night, so I got on lds.org and they have all of the Primary songs with the music and the lyrics! Phew, now he doesn't have to suffer with my own crazy rendition. I love technology!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Brayden. I can totally see him and his reaction. Poor bubba! Jerron really wants to see his fish, so we will have to hurry over while the other ones are alive. Rest in peace Wario, we love you... :)
HOW SAD!!! Poor little Wario and Brayden :(
R.I.P little Wario :) My brother had a shunt (he had hydrocephalus-water on the brain) but then it malfunctioned so he had to have surgery, so I was just wondering why Jeremy's dad has one?
Wait a second! I missed half your entry! I must have been posting a comment while you were still Writing. I feel so bad for Jer's dad. We will be praying for him today. I am sure That Having his son give him a blessing was so peaceful and special. The gospel is so special. It is truley the calm when the storms come. Thats nice the fam got to go to the primary program. And yes it is a sacrifice for tenagers. The Figgins are so sweet. And fun your momma came down. Bo and I went to the new mall last weekend. I loved it cause it was nightime, but yeah, buisness will be slow there in the warm months!
Poor wario:( It's so sad but what a great time to explain those things to Brayden.
I hope everything goes well for Jeremy's dad. What a blessing it is to have the priesthood in our lives.
When you said you got a fish, I was worried about this happening. I don't think goldfish last very long.
Thanks for the info on primary songs! I am notorious for singing the wrong words even if I've sang the song a million times. FHE is so funny at our house.
poor wario. rip indeed.
thats cute, i do remember our hamsters dying.... i remember it being quite tragic, like it was having a heart attack, do you remember that? sad! thats cute that you knew where they would go... i like brayde being concerned. as for jer's dad, i truely pray he recovers from his surgery. thats great the figgins are so supportive with you and your kids and that they came to his talk. they are such a great family. thats funny about the primary song, i loved that song growing up, and i bet you discovered a few other songs you forgot the words to, cuz i wouldve.
thats funny that it already died! i was thinking of getting bryn a fish- i think she'd be traumatized if it died, so maybe i shouldn't!
i love the lds.org has the lyrics and music, i had no idea. i always try to sing primary songs to bryn and totally butcher them and probably combine about 8 songs into one, i am terrible!
wow, 8am chruch- i don't know about that...
good luck to jeremy's dad!
I had two hamsters named Chip & Dale as well. Weird!
Michelle, funny you should mention it, he does have hydrocephalus, and it is extremely rare for adults, how old was your brother?? we'll have to chat!
So sorry, hopefully the other two will last a bit longer.
Hey, can I get that recipe from last night? I think Hudson might like it and I need to make more food that he will eat besides chicken nuggets and hot dogs.Thanks! By the way it was a lot of fun last night!
The heaven comment is TOO funny! Glad you restored his faith in the afterlife! I'm glad you had a fun mommy/daughter date with your mom, but did I not warn you that you need to go to that mall after dark?? I hope everything goes well with Jeremy's dad's surgery, how scary but thank goodness for the priesthood!
haha i love what brayden said its cute, and i can picture in my mind right now his angry face, i have it so vivid!!! its a funny and cute face at the same time!!!
i knew those dang things would die, but at least brayden wasnt sad!! thats always a good sign! he'll just want to upgrade to a bigger pet next, beware!
Post a Comment